Where do you park in Ft Lauderdale?

ksaunders

I've seen some places you can park away from the cruise terminal for a lot cheaper, but is it safe? Has anyone used these other parking lots? How long does it take to get to the ship on their shuttles? Is it worth the hassle to save a few dollars?

If we are cruising for 30 days or less, we typically drive down the day before the cruise and stay at the Fairfield Suites for the night and leave our car there. They provide a shuttle to Port Everglades and free parking for up to 30 days. We've found that a hotel night costs less than parking at the terminal.

have used Park N Go and very pleased...there is another private parking lot up the street (Park N Fly??) and they are good too, only more expensive the last time I checked. In our opinion, yes worth the savings, and last year our Princess ship did not arrive back into the terminal it departed from at Port Everglades, so those who parked at the departure terminal covered garage had to take a shuttle over to the other terminal to get to their cars..don't know how often this happens...

We used Park N Go 2 weeks ago and will continue to use them when sailing out of FLL. Professional and courteous staff, and about a 5-minute ride to the port. They've got several shuttle buses running during disembarkation as well. We literally only waited at the curb for about 5 minutes because the current Park N Go shuttle was filling up. Book online in advance to save money and secure your spot!

No hassle. Easy with the shuttle.

We have used parkngo many times. Our car was there for 42 days this past spring. You leave the keys. We have never had a problem.

You make your reservations on-line. www.bookparkngo.com. Click on Ft. Lauderdale and then cruise.

We will use them again in April.

Shirley

Do you happen to know what their frequent parker program offers as a discount? It's not apparent on their web site.

We prefer to park at the port.

We used parknfly once. We waited a bit for shuttles to the ship and a long time once we were off. We have an 800 mile drive home or if heading to Orlando are eager and prefer to walk across the road and get in the car.

As far as savings, on a 7 day cruise you save about $30. We tip about 10 each way, so our net savings is only $10 and not at all worth shifting luggage and time spent. If we were fortunate enough to take a 30 day cruise, we might reevaluate.

We prefer to park at the port.

We used parknfly once. We waited a bit for shuttles to the ship and a long time once we were off. We have an 800 mile drive home or if heading to Orlando are eager and prefer to walk across the road and get in the car.

As far as savings, on a 7 day cruise you save about $30. We tip about 10 each way, so our net savings is only $10 and not at all worth shifting luggage and time spent. If we were fortunate enough to take a 30 day cruise, we might reevaluate.

Next time try sending only one person to get the car without the luggage while one person waits at the terminal. It's almost as fast without having to haul it to the car.

Definitely ParkNGo and make the reservation on line as it is so much cheaper. We paid 6.99 a day with free shuttle there and back and no waiting either time for a shuttle. They had lots of shuttles running. And, they gave us a bottle of water when we paid upon picking up the car.

Definitely ParkNGo and make the reservation on line as it is so much cheaper. We paid 6.99 a day with free shuttle there and back and no waiting either time for a shuttle. They had lots of shuttles running. And, they gave us a bottle of water when we paid upon picking up the car.

I agree with this. We have used them three times and were very pleased.

We've lost our usual "taxi" driver, so I will have to drive and park myself this year. I'm debating parking at the terminal or at ParkNGo. I'm cruising with Mom who needs a wheelchair--which we will be bringing. Do you think we would be able to shuttle to/from ParkNGo? She can't do high steps. Do the shuttle drivers help with the luggage?

We've lost our usual "taxi" driver, so I will have to drive and park myself this year. I'm debating parking at the terminal or at ParkNGo. I'm cruising with Mom who needs a wheelchair--which we will be bringing. Do you think we would be able to shuttle to/from ParkNGo? She can't do high steps. Do the shuttle drivers help with the luggage?

Just drop her off at the terminal with all the luggage and passengers & then bring the car to ParkNGo located at the entrance to the terminal. It's not that far a drive & it'll be much easier to board the shuttle without the bags.

Archived