San Juan passport question

Yankee Doodle

We are sailing on the Explorer to St. Martin, St. Thomas, Labadee and San Juan , PR with our son, DIL and grandkids age 13 and 6. From past cruises, the San Juan pier was the only port requiring a picture ID. What is required of children? Do they need to carry their passports?

This is the first time traveling with children and didn't know what the solution might be.

Thanks.

Nancy

We are sailing on the Explorer to St. Martin, St. Thomas, Labadee and San Juan , PR with our son, DIL and grandkids age 13 and 6. From past cruises, the San Juan pier was the only port requiring a picture ID. What is required of children? Do they need to carry their passports?

This is the first time traveling with children and didn't know what the solution might be.

Thanks.

Nancy

I'm not sure if I know the answer to your question but we always carry photo copies of our passport while in any port. I cannot imagine you would need anything but your ship's ID card at any of your ports which everyone in your party would have. Enjoy your cruise. We've sailed with the grandkids and it's lots of fun.

they do check for SeaPass cards and photo ID in SJ...they did in November and every other time i've been there....if the kids are really young and don't have photo ID you might be OK....

some people dont like to take their passports with them, but i do carry it....

the 13 y/o might have a school photo ID, the 6 y/o maybe not.....

i'd carry their passports...just to be safe, but with younger kids it is probably OK

Archived