best sail/snorkel Barbados?

Beach girl2

I am looking fro a good sail/snorkel trip out or Bridgetown. Any suggestions?

Hi Beach Girl2,

I see you are fairly NEW to Cruise Critic, so first off a BIG Welcome Aboard !!

To answer your Question... may I suggest a couple of other places that you might want to research for more detailed info...

1- The ROLL CALL for your ship. Go the the Cruise Critic ROLL CALL BOARD, look for your Ship Name and then the sail date... you can find others on your cruise and your Sail Date... chances are good that you'll be able to gather info from other cruisers on your sailing, get some recommendations, perhaps even arrange to share costs for a private Excursion vs doing the more expensive Ship Bought ones.

2- The PORTS OF CALL BOARD here on Cruise Critic ... and look for the entry for Barbados. The PORTS OF CALL BOARD has lots of great info on what to see and do organized by Destination... Questions there tend to be answered by long time Cruisers and Locals who live in the Destination.

3- TRIPADVISOR.com ... This is the Sister Website to Cruise Critic for Travellers. Info is organized by Destination... and has often way more extensive info (due to its nature) than the basic info you'll find here on the PORTS OF CALL BOARDS.

4- And lastly there is always the Local Tourism Office Websites which have extensive info on what to see and do ... www.vistibarbados.org

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

We have booked catamaran snorkel cruises with Silver Moon on two cruises calling in Barbados. They limit the number of people on their cats (12 on the smaller and 24 on the larger), and we think that this offers a much better experience than the trips offered through the cruise line. (Our last experience on the Golden Eagle with approx 80 others rated a "never again"!)

Note: on our first trip, Capt. Ben indicated that he couldn't take us to the turtle spot because of the weather, but the ship's excursion did go. On the second trip, he took us, and it was great! So, I guess there is no "guarantee" that you will see turtles on Silver Moon.

Their website is: http://www.silvermoonbarbados.com

Hope you have a great trip ~

We used El Tigre; they provided us with our all time favorite Caribbean excursion. I highly, highly, highly recommend them. Very well run organization, competitive pricing and outstanding staff. Plenty of room on the catamaran (unlike the overcrowded cruise line excursions) and free drinks (including local beer) and a great lunch was served.

Here is a link to their website: http://www.eltigrecruises.com/daycruises.htm (we did the five hour lunch cruise).

I agree with Mrs. Tiki--we've sailed with Silver Moon twice and would do it again in a heartbeat. We've done the 12 person catamaran, and each time the experience was wonderful. They have a beautiful catamaran; the crew, lunch and drinks are all fantastic. If you want to be catered to and pampered, these folks will do that for you! You can't always count on the best conditions for snorkeling because you are dealing with nature---fast currents can cloud the water, for example, so you want the sailing experience to be first-class! The Silver Moon experience is well worth the cost.

Archived