Sunset Pirate Boat Adventure in PV

Mzmoto

Leaving on our first cruise in 34 days aboard Carnival Pride to the Mexican Riviera!!! It is our 10th wedding anniversary. DH is 35 and I am 32. 8 1/2 months ago DH suffered Motocross (he was a pro racer) accident that shattered the ankles and tib/fib (lower leg bones) of both legs along with his left heal. He is 4 months out of the wheel chair and recovering well, but still cannot participate in highly active excursions. I think we have decided on our itinerary and I just wanted to get some reviews. In PV we are planning the Dolphin Swim in the morning, then probably go back aboard ship for lunch, do a little shopping and then the Sunset Pirate Boat Adventure. Has anyone taken this trip? Please advise if you enjoyed it or not and why. Also, do you know if this can be booked directly or do we have to go through Carnival (like we had to on the Dolphin Swim)? For Mazatlan, we have decided to take a water taxi to Stone Island and just hang out on the beach all day. Planning the same in Cabo to Medano Beach. We have our own snorkel gear, so we figured if we get too bored just laying around (doubtful) we can always do that also. I want to thank everyone who posts on this board. You have answered so many of my questions - Even ones I didn't know I had!!

Trying to get that information myself. I heard you can book directly for about $40/person. That sounds better than the cruise price to me. We will be on the 5-1 pride sailing. Also wondering what time it starts as we are also booked for the 12PM Canopy Los Veronos. Will let you know if I find anything out:p

Mzmoto,

We're celebrating our 10th anniversary onboard the Pride as well! We'll actually be on it a couple weeks before you (with Jeff, no less)!:p I'm wondering the same things about the Pirate Boat- post anything here that you may find out elsewhere!

Congrats again to you and your hubby!

Laura C.

• 4 weeks later...

I havent' had a chance to write my entire cruise review yet, but the Pirate ship cruise was something else. My husband had a blast. I, however, felt sick the entire time, even though I took Bonine. Of course, I took Bonine the whole week we were on the cruise, so maybe I'm just really prone to seasickness. We also had a problem with the tickets. We made our reservation online, which required a 20% deposit on our credit card, 2 days before we were supposed to leave for the cruise. It took up to 24 hours to get the "confirmation email", which we were supposed to print out and have available at the ticket area in PV. DO THIS! We didn't print it out for multiple reasons (no printer available, but it looked like all the same info we could have given them at the ticket booth, so we didn't worry about it). When we got to the area in PV to finish paying (the remaining 80%) they had NO record of our payment online. So we had to pay their cost ($75 per ticket) instead of the $63.75 online price. This was still more than Carnival's $89 per ticket, but it's still not the price I thought I was going to have to pay, and now I'm not sure that I'll be able to get my online deposit back. Plus it kind of ruined the fun mood, having to argue with a rude pirate ship worker. But again, my DH loved it; said the food was great, and even though I was feeling sick, the entertainment was awesome. Definately not a good cruise for kids, though- lots of adult jokes and comments. Anyway, if you have any more questions, just post it, and I'll try to reply.

Laura C.

Archived