Enchantment Dec 2012 drydock?

jimbug

Does anyone know what upgrades/enhancements are planned for the 2-week drydock for Enchantment in December 2012, if any?

Thanks!

I had read that pervasive WiFi, flat screens in staterooms, interactive display systems, new bathrooms will be put in all cabins (with shower DOORS, not curtains), and Imumi, Doghouse and Giovanni's was to be added. Possible improvements to the theatre (new seating or expand the balcony).

Does anyone know what upgrades/enhancements are planned for the 2-week drydock for Enchantment in December 2012, if any?

Thanks!

This post is from someone who was just on Enchantment http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=31811604&postcount=67 and it is pretty detailed as to what is being added.

This post is from someone who was just on Enchantment http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=31811604&postcount=67 and it is pretty detailed as to what is being added.

Thanks for the plug of my report,which would appear to be the source for pmfan :)

To expand slightly, I believe that Gary Davies, the Hotel Director, did say that there would be quite extensive work at the back of the Solarium to fit a Park Cafe in, it wouldn't just be squeezed in to the current space taken up by the little Solarium cafe at present. He also hinted at other possible changes, but wouldn't say what they are as no decisions taken.

I'm not sure where the other restaurants would go - there is already a Chops on Enchantment, on Deck 6. There is an 'overflow'/private dining room off the Windjammer, (port side, heading back towards the pool deck, so outside the WJ main entrance) which I would reckon is prime for redevelopment, though. And maybe something could go under the starboard 'bridge' where the expansion took place, opposite the long bar on the pool deck.

David

Thanks for the plug of my report,which would appear to be the source for pmfan :)

To expand slightly, I believe that Gary Davies, the Hotel Director, did say that there would be quite extensive work at the back of the Solarium to fit a Park Cafe in, it wouldn't just be squeezed in to the current space taken up by the little Solarium cafe at present. He also hinted at other possible changes, but wouldn't say what they are as no decisions taken.

I'm not sure where the other restaurants would go - there is already a Chops on Enchantment, on Deck 6. There is an 'overflow'/private dining room off the Windjammer, (port side, heading back towards the pool deck, so outside the WJ main entrance) which I would reckon is prime for redevelopment, though. And maybe something could go under the starboard 'bridge' where the expansion took place, opposite the long bar on the pool deck.

David

You're welcome and I hope you didn't mind that I brought the link here. But, after reading it I figured your information was much more reliable.

To expand slightly, I believe that Gary Davies, the Hotel Director, did say that there would be quite extensive work at the back of the Solarium to fit a Park Cafe in, it wouldn't just be squeezed in to the current space taken up by the little Solarium cafe at present. David

Hi David...new bedding, draperies, furniture, carpet etc., in the cabins as well? Thanks

So they're not going take out that middle section they put in a few years ago?:)

I would like for them to figure out how get more seating in the theater, as it really seemed like that was a problem when we sailed on her a few years ago.

So they're not going take out that middle section they put in a few years ago?:)

I would like for them to figure out how get more seating in the theater, as it really seemed like that was a problem when we sailed on her a few years ago.

Not in a 2 week dry dock.:p

Hi David...new bedding, draperies, furniture, carpet etc., in the cabins as well? Thanks

These items weren't specifically mentioned, but maybe :) Radio is on board doing a 'Live From' report so you could ask him to check, although his early post suggested that Gary, the HD isn't on this week, with the Food & Beverage guy acting.

Cheers,

David

Great news esp re the bathrooms. They certainly looked old and my girlfriend definitely disliked the curtains! It'd be great to see all of those improvements, but I'm unsure as to where those specialty restaurants would all fit!

Looking at deck plans I see they could possibly put something in the area above the conference center (perhaps Izumi) near Chops. Or perhaps up near the theatre. Also I felt the shops took up too much room and could probably be condensed

shp_en_deck06_v10-11_dpl.gif

On deck 9 I could see them turning one (or both) of the WJ backrooms (the ones on the bottom of the WJ) into specialty restaurants. They could also put a specialty restaurant (like Doghouse) in the area across from the "Island Bar" or even eliminate one of the two bars on the pool deck and replace it with a specialty restaurant. I'm not sure I recall where that little solarium cafe was but don't think the cafe near the spa represents it or where the park cafe would go. I also think it'd be weird calling it "park cafe" on non-oasis class ships (without central park).

shp_en_deck09_v10-11_dpl.gif

Finally on deck 10 I could see them getting rid of the trampoline as it was hardly ever available on my cruise due to high winds and having such a poor location on the ship.

These items weren't specifically mentioned, but maybe :) Radio is on board doing a 'Live From' report so you could ask him to check, although his early post suggested that Gary, the HD isn't on this week, with the Food & Beverage guy acting. Cheers,

David

Thanks, I did, but his live threads sometime become overloaded with questions...mine may be overlooked, no fault of Mark's. ;)

DH and I are especially excited to hear about the drydock changes as we will be sailing on the Enchantment for the first time very shortly after this drydock! :D

For such a great ship it really is a good one and these changes if they do in fact occur would make it even better. Another minor thing they could do is replace carpets and some decor as they definitely showed their age.

• 2 weeks later...
Another minor thing they could do is replace carpets and some decor as they definitely showed their age.

I actually received an email reply from RCL regarding cabin updates. I was advised that if they feel the cabins "need" updating, it will be done. Well, I know no more than I did before.

We were extremely displeased with the condition of our aft JS on the Grandeur, so hoping Enchantment cabins would be overhauled, but now I'm not counting on it. I am underwhelmed with the balcony cabin pic(s) on Radio's recent live from thread. Guess I'll have to wait and see. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived