Passport

Shipbound

The United States Department of State received my Passport application on December 22,2011 and I just got the new Passport today (Jan 5) I was surprised to get it back so soon, however this is my third Passport which may the reason for the short turn around time.

Gary

The United States Department of State received my Passport application on December 22,2011 and I just got the new Passport today (Jan 5) I was surprised to get it back so soon, however this is my third Passport which may the reason for the short turn around time.

Gary

I put mine in the mail last week, sent it certified, and they cashed the check Tuesday. I'm hopeful for a quick return, too, even though I don't need it until April. I was a teensy bit worried because it wasn't a super-sharp picture, but since they cashed the check, I don't think they will send it back for being blurry. It's also a renewal, so here's hoping I'll get it soon!

• 1 month later...

OK...I am starting to worry. I just realized that I went to post office to apply for passport 3 weeks ago today. I had been reading that folks were getting them in 2 weeks. Hmmmmm. I am going to go check to see if my check has gone through yet. Will my birth cert come with the passport or seperately? Edited to add: Just checked and check went through on 2/8

OK...I am starting to worry. I just realized that I went to post office to apply for passport 3 weeks ago today. I had been reading that folks were getting them in 2 weeks. Hmmmmm. I am going to go check to see if my check has gone through yet. Will my birth cert come with the passport or seperately?

Generally passport comes in one packet, supporting documentation in a seperate one.

Just went to US State Dept Passport website where you can track your passport application and it said it was in the final stages and sould arrive on or close to 2/28. Shew!

It came today....yay :D...three weeks exactly. Now to get my birth cert back.

Archived