Golf Lessons on Coral Princess??

meripour

I can see by the Princess site there are; Nine-hole putting course (Princess Links) and Virtual golf simulators on the Coral. A very old post indicated there was a golf pro onboard that managed the golf excursions and gave lessons during the cruise. Does anyone know if the Coral still has someone onboard that gives lessons?

What were the price of simulator?

Disappointing about the lack of a pro.

From memory, the Diamond was around $25/hr to hire the simulator last year. Again, there was no pro. Personally, I think the simulator on the ship isn't that great, and the clubs they provide reflect the quality of the simulator :mad:

While I certainly qualified for Ryder Cup while on board (and won...thank you...thank you...), the golfing on board is purely for fun and not for 'sport'.

Do they hold 'golf competitions'?

There may be competitions on the simulator such as longest drive or closest to the pin depending on the availability of staff. Winners need good skill.

Nevertheless there are golf contests on sea days.

1. Chipping Contest - passengers "chip" hollow golf ball to a floating ring in the pool.

2. Putting Contest - Often held in the Atrium while the ship is moving.

Winners need luck than skill.

Elite Golf had a contract with Princess and Carnival which for a variety of reasons ended in big brouhaha a couple of years ago; I believe their only client now is NCL. I am aware that there are some golf pros who would like to start things up with Princess again but frankly this has been going on for over a year now and frankly I wouldn't hold my breath.

there will be a Golf pro on the Coral for the Feb 28th sailing, but this will be the last time they will do so.

That's weird because I was just on the ship and there was definitely no golf pro on then. I'm not sure why there'd be a golf pro on for this February cruise.

Archived