My husband thinks I'm planning obsessed. And he's right. :)

Brudette

I am way over obsessed. :)

Just got our cruise booked today but I already have a ton of stuff printed out and so on.

I will be a nut about this until we go! :eek:

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I, too, have a cruise folder with everything in it. And it came in very handy last year when we had problems getting home again due to Hurricane Irene. I had copies of our travel insurance, receipts, etc. at my finger tips when I really needed them.

Something else I learned from that mess was that it helps to download the apps from your airline and favorite hotel chain in case you need to change itineraries. The phone lines were all jammed, but the apps were working.

Also, I put the reservation numbers for them in my cell phone contacts list.

even when i dont have a cruise planned im on here obsessing , luckily i do have one planned for april and november, but my husband said the same thing... i am cruise obsessed, and IM OK WITH IT! lol

Okay, I can't be the only person who does this, so give me a shout out if you're a compulsive, crazy, obsessive planner. Our cruise is in April, and I'm on these boards daily, think about the cruise all the time, and am constantly planning and making lists. I just can't stop. It drives my laid-back husband NUTS!

Who else is nuts with me? :)

Brudette, I am right there with you. I do the same thing and it drives my hubby crazy! I get all crazy preparing for our cruise but this obsessive planning allows me to be able to relax once I am on the ship. Everything has been taken care of.

So you are most definately not alone!!

I have a cruise binder, too!!! Part of the fun is the planning and anticipation.

Ok, I'm jealous!! I have a cruise folder but not a binder!! Please tell me--whats in your binder?

And OP, as you can see, you are not alone. Count me in the obsessed club! DH says I make a list saying what lists I need to make. Yes, im nuts!

My DH makes fun of me because I am OCD when it comes to vacations BUTTTT he likes bragging to his friends about the awesome things WE'VE planned out & the amazing deals WE'VE found. :D

I don't mind as long as I get a vacation.

I'm the same way! I'm not sure if my husband thinks I'm crazy, I just get the "yea, sounds good" or "uh huh"

Our cruise is in May and I talk about it everyday. I'm on CC everyday...on carnivals sights looking for price drops everyday (none yet :(). This time were cruising with some of our family and everytime I see them I tell them about something interesting I found on here haha.

I can't wait to start packing...I get just as exciting packing my husbands clothes...I'm such a nerd LOL :D

Ok, I'm jealous!! I have a cruise folder but not a binder!! Please tell me--whats in your binder?

Cruise docs, excursion information, deck plans, coupons for things in port, a separate section for each port (including cost of a taxi ride from A to B, maps, etc.), packing list, insurance docs, tips collected from CC, etc. etc. :)

And OP, as you can see, you are not alone. Count me in the obsessed club! DH says I make a list saying what lists I need to make. Yes, im nuts!

My cruise binder has the divider pages and sections for things like, cruise documents, ports/excursions, ship (menus, deck plan, etc), pre-cruise (hotel reservations, travel directions). I print our boarding passes and any printable tickets and keep them inside the pockets until we get to the terminal or where ever it is we will need them. I also scan all our documents and email them to my phone and my email. I can then save them to whatever electronic device we take with us, i.e. laptop, Ipod or tablet. One of the nice things about it too is that my family knows how I am, so they know that if they need anything, they just need to go to the binder to find it. Lol!

My cruise binder has the divider pages and sections for things like, cruise documents, ports/excursions, ship (menus, deck plan, etc), pre-cruise (hotel reservations, travel directions). I print our boarding passes and any printable tickets and keep them inside the pockets until we get to the terminal or where ever it is we will need them. I also scan all our documents and email them to my phone and my email. I can then save them to whatever electronic device we take with us, i.e. laptop, Ipod or tablet. One of the nice things about it too is that my family knows how I am, so they know that if they need anything, they just need to go to the binder to find it. Lol!

Wow! You guys put my puney little plastic folder to shame! I am gonna make me a binder now. Something else to obsess over. Lol

Wow! You guys put my puney little plastic folder to shame! I am gonna make me a binder now. Something else to obsess over. Lol

Don't forget the custom cover (to slide into the clear view pocket) with a pic of the ship, cruise date, and map of the itinerary, lol. Seriously, I spend time on things like this. :)

I'm a big researcher and planner too, but my husband actually likes it.

He knows he doesn't have to do a thing but drive us to the airport. :)

same here, except I make him pay for the trip;)

I have a big travel binder, with general planning information/contacts, subdivided by each trip and those on my wish list.

travel folder stored in my email account, easy to access for gory details but i do take along a small notebook with particulars when traveling with a letter envelope sized accordian file for confirmations, etc.

I'll call it a hobby:Dkeeps me off the streets

Okay, I can't be the only person who does this, so give me a shout out if you're a compulsive, crazy, obsessive planner. Our cruise is in April, and I'm on these boards daily, think about the cruise all the time, and am constantly planning and making lists. I just can't stop. It drives my laid-back husband NUTS!

YES YES YES ! guilty as charged here.. I am soooo obsessed with our next THREE up coming cruises.. I am here daily.. drives my husband nuts.. I plan everything.. right down to reading the new menus over and over deciding NOW what I will eat THEN..LOL.. ok...call me crazy.. :)

So, update. I just booked our flights so were are committed now! This was the latest thing I was freaking out over (if prices would go up, etc). There was only one flight leaving between noon and 3 on debarkation day, all the other flights didn't look good, so I wanted to make sure I snagged it while prices were good. But hubs had to check with work because we're combining the vacation with a work trip (Yay for his work having an office in Boca Raton! Free hotel and rental car, his flight also paid for.)

I'll have to look at my pictures, but I'm pretty sure my husband took a picture of me on our last cruise 2 years ago clutching (like, death-clutching) my precious cruise binder. Haha!

Thanks for the support. :)

I want my next fix constantly. I frequent places like CC to get help. Alas, there's a bunch of Cruiseaholic's here too.

I have so much cruising on the brain, I know my head is full of saltwater. It must be. I do lists, adding and subtracting stuff like: duct tape, air freshener, bikini, stepladder, wait, I don't need one of those. Oh woe the person who catches this ailment.

I'm in it neck deep.. but I have my life perserver on!!!

DG

My wife thinks I'm totally obsessed with cruising. We usually book our trip about a year in advance. That gives me alot of time spending it here on C.C. I'm a very good planner excursion, airfare, hotel stay I love it. Infact I did such a good job on our last trip on Oasis our friends who traved with us from out of state was very impressed with all the organizing I did with all the reservations being made they want to travel with us again. My wife is always asking me what are you planning now. I love it!

OMG I'm the same. I love researching all my different holidays. Where would I be without cruise critic and trip advisor - all one I know. This holiday I have to plan for 3 days in Memphis, 3 days in New Orleans and then Jamaica, Grand Cayman Islands and Mexico. This takes some time and everynight I'm clicking here and clicking there. My hubbie is quite happy to let me at it and we both like the same things so he's always happy with what I come up with.

I just love holidays and my wish for 2011 is that I win a trip to Antarctic.:D

I heard the 80's song "Red red wine" on the radio this morning and cranked it up. A cruise song! :D

HA HA!!! I have to tell you this story!! On our last cruise this song came on over the loud speaker while the crowd was getting ready to play bingo. I looked at my husband as said "oooh!! This puts me in a mood for a Caribbean cruise!" (we were in Alaska) Then all of a sudden this lady in line to get a bingo card starts flipping out about how much she hates this song and all calypso music in general! I'm telling you the WHOLE song she was going crazy saying she could never survive a "sun" cruise & I don't know what all. So I'm glad that song makes you excited because I was excited when I heard it & was wondering why she was making such a big deal out of one song!

Count me in! My parents are tired of hearing me talk about it!:cool:

Archived