40 pounds in 4 months

Shootr wrote: <Hebrew National low fat hotdogs. Sounds crazy, but they are 40 calories each; wapped in a slice of wheat bread instead of a bun and you're at a whopping 90 calories total. A little mustard and you can have two for lunch or three for dinner and feel like your eating normally (because you ARE!!!)>

Thanks Shootr! I am a hot dog lover, so I was anxious to try these. I grilled up a couple on my George Foreman and they were DELICIOUS! I will never buy another Oscar Meyer 'fat free' weinie again! :D

You're welcome - keep up the battle!!!

OP - It's Friday, update time...(fingers crossed for luck)

I am sad to report a ZERO for this week! Ugh, I slacked working out this week, I will have to step it up a notch!

Unfortunately, I've had a few weeks like that too. I'm just trying to continue with my steps/miles/hills daily even if I go over on my calorie count from time to time. I see the differences in 'inches' even if the scale doesn't always reflect a loss!

I lost 1.6 pounds this week... still not the 2 pounds I was hoping for, and I am blaming that on the Super Bowl :D. So, I think I am down 8.6 pounds so far, 31.4 left to go. It's my weekends that are killing me. I am going to try and be strong this weekend and work out. I only have 13 weeks left to lose so not sure if I will hit my goal :(. Unless I have some really awesome weeks, but I am feeling better and have gone down a size (can't remember if I already posted that).

I lost 1.6 pounds this week... still not the 2 pounds I was hoping for, and I am blaming that on the Super Bowl :D. So, I think I am down 8.6 pounds so far, 31.4 left to go. It's my weekends that are killing me. I am going to try and be strong this weekend and work out. I only have 13 weeks left to lose so not sure if I will hit my goal :(. Unless I have some really awesome weeks, but I am feeling better and have gone down a size (can't remember if I already posted that).

Its been a bad week for me too. Not only was the Super Bowl on Sunday but we did our Valentine's Day parties @ school yesterday and our principal treated us to a surprise (high caloric count) lunch! If you lost 1.6 pounds I'm impressed. Celebrate your victory! I've come to the conclusion that 'some weeks will be better then others'. My 50th birthday is in 6 weeks and I'm pretty sure I'll not hit my goal of 40 by 50 but I'm better off then I was a few months ago (down about 20) so I'm going to 'keep on keeping on' and hope to hit the 40 pounds mark by our July 1st cruise. At least I'm eating better than I was and I'm exercising daily (or pretty close to daily) which is something I wasn't doing 4 1/2 months ago! :D

1.6lbs rounds up to 2lbs - you peoples got to stop using that evil decimal!;)

Real life experience to share:

Had my Mom's B'day party here Saturday. The main course was good - brown rice, chicken and veggie shish ka bob's, salad. Had the chips, cheese and crackers out for the family along with veggie tray. Long story short - 2300 calories for the day (haven't been over 1600 in weeks). Shot up the expected couple of pounds, but now Monday morning I'm back down where I was before the party (194!)

What I take away from this: Every week is a battle, but when you win more battles that you lose, you'll win the war. By keeping on your weekday exercising week after week, and eating right 90% of the time (and not utterly gorging the other 10%) the gains in muscle tone WILL work to burn the fat all day long.

The longer you stay true to the program, the more gains you'll see - they'll come easier and more frequent.

Me - I got 16 days to lose 4 pounds if I want to hit the goal I set 4 months ago. Am I going to go crazy and starve and live on the treadmill for 2 weeks? Not on your life. I'm betting by just staying the course I'll be nipping at the number on the 29th. The past 3 months and a positive attitude will do more for the next 2 weeks than panicking will.

You had a victory this week OP, and so far that's half a bowling ball your not dragging around anymore. Good job.

Be proud of yourself for losing any amount. After a few weeks or months dieting, weight loss can slow down. 40 lbs. in 4 months is a very ambitious goal, so don't set yourself up for disappointment if, say, you lose 30. That's still a great loss in that time period.

Trying to lose too much too fast in one thing that can set you up to gain it all back. (I speak from experience, mine and others.)

i personally dont like meat in any form. If I have to I will eat chicken. I also would love to lose 10 pounds by 5-5 but I also can not seem to find were . I eat crazy healthy soy or almond milk, veggies veggies and more veggies. I tried WW once or twice, and in the end it was a waste because I wasnt even using all of my daily points. I guess some people are just not build to be thin

So I only lost 1.4 this week, total I am down 10 pounds. I have 12 weeks left! I need to lose faster but not sure I know how to do that. I have a rough weekend though. I have BBQ pork on Friday, which may not be too bad but has a lot of sugar and salt, I could hardly bend my fingers on Saturday because I retained so much water. Then... I had pizza Saturday night :(. I am going to have to work out extra hard this week to make up for that!

So I only lost 1.4 this week, total I am down 10 pounds. I have 12 weeks left! I need to lose faster but not sure I know how to do that. I have a rough weekend though. I have BBQ pork on Friday, which may not be too bad but has a lot of sugar and salt, I could hardly bend my fingers on Saturday because I retained so much water. Then... I had pizza Saturday night :(. I am going to have to work out extra hard this week to make up for that!

1.4 sounds like a VICTORY to me! Last week was my worse week ever for both food & exercise. First came Valentine's, then a unexpected death, and finally some kind of 'respiratory gunk'. All three kept me from following my normal food/exercise routine. I probably had my worse week ever. The good news? So far, this week is shaping up to be MUCH better. All we can do is keep working on it! :D Good luck this week!

1.4 sounds like a VICTORY to me! Last week was my worse week ever for both food & exercise. First came Valentine's, then a unexpected death, and finally some kind of 'respiratory gunk'. All three kept me from following my normal food/exercise routine. I probably had my worse week ever. The good news? So far, this week is shaping up to be MUCH better. All we can do is keep working on it! :D Good luck this week!

I have had this cough off and on for a long time, I am not sure what my issue is with that. Doesn't bother me until I run or sleep, not sure why. But my kids are young and have been passing it back and forth so that is probably it! This week I am up 2.6 pounds right now from the weekend. Not sure if I will be able to get that off by Friday's weigh in, but I am doing my best. I ran 2.5 miles during lunch yesterday and worked out with my trainer after work, and today is the same but I am still at work so I still have that to do. Hopefully, I will stay on it the rest of the week! Good Luck to you too!

Yes, you can do it. Do whatever you have to do: put up pics of people you want to look like, or what you don't want to look like - whichever motivates you more.

Do the food diary. Try my fitness pal dot com, easy to keep track of things and you'll be amazed how little things add up to kill your goal. Even if you walk before, during, or after work you will be doing better.

One soda per day MAX! Lots of lean protein, watch your total salt and fat intake. 8 glasses of water minimum. It's all been said before but if you are serious with your goal, it will work.

Try a big jug of V8 juice every day (low sodium, spicy if you like) and take a swig every time you get a hunger pang. Only 400 good calories/day and it will help reduce snacking on crap.

29 pounds in 11 weeks is where I'm at right now, 11 to go by end of february. See you at the finish line!

I also want to loose 40-50 lbs before I cruise in Sept. It's real hard for me to loose as I am an emotional eater. The more stress the more I eat. I will have to find something that will motivate me.

I also want to loose 40-50 lbs before I cruise in Sept. It's real hard for me to loose as I am an emotional eater. The more stress the more I eat. I will have to find something that will motivate me.

That is probably the hardest challenge to overcome, feelings and personal "head games" if you will.

Stress can be channeled, turned into a useful tool. It is the worst "virus" I know of -if you dwell on it, allow it to grow bigger than it really is.

Logically address the facts of the situation. What can you do about it right now, vs. the fact that it will have to be addressed at a later time. (forgot to do something at work, and you can't fix it until tomorrow.) That's not a reason to sulk, eat, and in the end feel worse. Get angry, even if it is at yourself. Take out that frustration on a treadmill, make the dog go for a walk, clean out the closet - do something else than sit and mindlessly eat.

Is the situation REALLY what you think it is? Words to live by:

It ain't a problem, until it's a problem"

Are you worried about someone/thing? Is it as worried as you are? Chances are, no. So why are YOU worried about it? Not to be selfish, it's being a realist. None of us can fix the world, or the neighbor next door, or the teacher at school. We can fix ourselves. Being overweight has some weird negative effect on our ability to feel "right". Its a fact that a healthy weight leads to a healthy mind. I feel I can conquer the world now. I feel like I have something that others don't. I feel like can do anything I want, because I know nothing/no one can stop me.

Arrogant? Maybe, but that is the attitude it takes to succeed. I don't take others for granted, I don't take it to the a$$hole level, but I like knowing I am going to live longer, enjoy my family more, and not burden society by me inability to simply take care of myself.

If you make yourself accountable in some way, really accountable (like a public forum of expressing successes and failures) you will quickly see if your head is in the game or not. In my opinion the OP isn't yet. You can't keep "hoping" next week will be better, when you consciously, willingly go overboard every weekend.

Success doesn't present itself with fanfare, it likes to sneak up on you. You have to commit to 3 months of discipline. That is when you will look in the mirror one morning, realize your belt is too big, your clothes are all baggy, and your extra chins disappeared. Until then, it's day after day of not doing what you want. You have to eat less of what you probably don't like in the first place. You have to watch others eat bad things and deal with it. You have to get off the couch and lift a weight or walk around the block or go to a gym-every dang day. But 90 days is nothing compared to how long it took to get where you are in the first place.

I'll shut up now, I really hope you find your motivation. I'm getting on the boat this Saturday 2 lbs under a goal I set in October. I feel like I won the Superbowl. And that made it all worthwhile. Good luck.

You can do it. It's only 2.38 lbs a week. Keep the faith.

Congratulation on your weight loss. I want to thank you for taking the time to reply to my post. I appreciate your comments and I have printed the post and will read it everyday.

Thank you too. I say/write what I feel and believe - good, bad or otherwise. I can't shout from the rooftops loud enough how worth the initial sacrifice is - so hang tough. I look forward to returning the praise in the very near future!

• 2 weeks later...

So... It's been a while, my mom has been very sick and in the hospital so I haven't had a lot of time for writing or weight loss for that matter. She is on the mend now, so here I am. So far I have only lost 11 pounds and I have 9 weeks left. Obviously, I am not going to make my goal of 40 pounds by the time I leave. So I am just gonna work really hard and see what I can do. Hoping for 2 pounds a week but will take what I can get. How is everyone doing? I have been eating good (except when my mom was in the hospital because we ate out a lot) and been exercising every day that I can. Should be better this week since my mom is home. Hope everyone is doing well!

well i saw someone say they had four to go.. your way ahead of me for sure.. I need ten to fall off in 30 days lol i keep looking at the calendar saying where didi the time go. I kept putting the diet thing off and excersize .. ha.. unless walking the stair to laundry counts i am screwed..

• 2 weeks later...

Archived