Getting Married April 29, 2013 on Carnival Inspiration

laineyj

Hello,

I am new to Cruise Critic and to cruising as well. I am just starting to plan for my wedding and would appreciate any help I can get. I am sailing out of Long Beach and would like to know what to expect and any other info you think I should know :)

Hi and welcome.

Spend some time reading through all the posts here, even those that don't seem to be relevant. You will learn a lot. I just like to read because I am still on a romance high and I love wedding stuff.

I did a vow renewal ceremony on the Paradise out of Long Beach this past November and it was fabulous.

The customer service on board was excellent.

Congratulations and best wishes.

Congratulations!!!!

Hopefully this Board will prove very helpful to you.

I will share the best advice I recieved while planning (and which I should have followed a lot more)- just breathe. Whenever you are overwhelmed or frustrated or even giddy with hapiness, don't forget to just stop and breathe and take it all in. Before you know it your big day will be here. You will look back and the time will have flown by. Don't miss a moment of these very special memories!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello!

I got married on the Inspiration in January 2011, but when it was sailing from Tampa. So I can't give much info about Long Beach, but we got married on embarkation day in the Candlelight Lounge with a 1-hr reception in the Rock N Roll lounge and it was great!

Here's a link to our pics:

http://chuckandemily.shutterfly.com/pictures

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Hello,

I am new to Cruise Critic and to cruising as well. I am just starting to plan for my wedding and would appreciate any help I can get. I am sailing out of Long Beach and would like to know what to expect and any other info you think I should know :)

I'll be on this cruise too. Join our roll call if you haven't already

Hello,

I'm getting married on the Inspiration out of Long Beach in July. Yours is very soon. I hope you provide a review when you are done. Best wishes!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
We are now getting married on August 19th. I will write a review after our wedding.

Welcome back! I just got married on Inspiration on July 5 & there's another bride here getting married on her the 29th! Let us know if you have any questions we can help with!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

• 1 month later...

I started my day by getting my hair and makeup done at 6 am. I was out the door by 9 am, a bit later than I wanted. It was a very hectic morning, my fault for not organizing everything the night before. We arrived by 10:30 am and we were told to go to the Queen Mary to Check-In. I was greeted by friends and family as well as the wedding Coordinator, Lynn. She really did a great job at making everything go smoothly. She told me to wait in the Priority Check In area which is in a separate building. She went over everything with me, she collected my CDs and anything else we needed for the ceremony and reception. I also met with the Wedding Officiant and went over what I wanted for the ceremony, such as vows, etc. The ceremony was really fast and so was the reception. We entered the room and proceeded to our first dance. Then we just enjoyed the party. The cake was good and we did have the option to eat it for dinner, if we wanted. The whole experience was great and I couldn't be happier with how things turned out.

Archived