Equinox Cabins for 4

jimb98

I'm looking at cabin 7240, grade 2A, on Equinox and it is designated a cabin for 4 people. There are only 2 of us travelling; will there be any effect on the space available; can we store our cases under the bed; is there a bunk, if so is it a nuisance? Any other comments on the cabin would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Jim

That's actually a 3 person cabin (which means the top of the couch would get an egg crate and sheets if there were a 3rd person). It will be identical to a 2 person room. No different at all.

A lot of people find storage tight on the S Class ships but not us. I have learned how to pack appropriately and the above the bed storage is super. Being I'm only 5'3" I do not find it difficult to reach my things up there. People with limited mobility on the other hand may have issues.

I'm looking at cabin 7240, grade 2A, on Equinox and it is designated a cabin for 4 people. There are only 2 of us travelling; will there be any effect on the space available; can we store our cases under the bed; is there a bunk, if so is it a nuisance? Any other comments on the cabin would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Jim

Actually, 7240 only sleeps 3. It has an upper berth for the 3rd person, but it won't be in your way because it folds flush into the overhead. Your cabin will be the same size, etc., as any of the other cabins on board. Your bed will be positioned near the bath, with the sofa/desk next to the sliding balcony doors.

You'll love the ship, your stateroom, and everything about Equinox. Have a great cruise.

Actually, 7240 only sleeps 3. It has an upper berth for the 3rd person, but it won't be in your way because it folds flush into the overhead. Your cabin will be the same size, etc., as any of the other cabins on board. Your bed will be positioned near the bath, with the sofa/desk next to the sliding balcony doors.

You'll love the ship, your stateroom, and everything about Equinox. Have a great cruise.

Correct, the bed will be by the bath. However, the only rooms that have the pull down bunk are the ones that sleep 5 (even though they will only allow 4). They have both the square AND triangle on the deck plans. I personally know this to be true because we have had both kinds of rooms.

Correct, the bed will be by the bath. However, the only rooms that have the pull down bunk are the ones that sleep 5 (even though they will only allow 4). They have both the square AND triangle on the deck plans. I personally know this to be true because we have had both kinds of rooms.

Not correct. According to the deck plans, this particular room does have a pull down bunk and does not sleep 5 (or 4) -- but 3. There is no square indicated for this stateroom to show it has a pull out sofa bed.

Not correct. According to the deck plans, this particular room does have a pull down bunk and does not sleep 5 (or 4) -- but 3. There is no square indicated for this stateroom to show it has a pull out sofa bed.

I think Celebrity makes it very confusing for people to understand. I went back to my book and saw that the triangle does in fact mean a drop down bed. I don't know why that didn't ring a bell since we have had rooms 1059 (a square) and 9155 and 9159 (square and triangle). The difference was in fact the bunk bed. Here's where it gets tricky: S-Class ships (minus the suites) do not have such a thing as a sofa bed. The top of the couch remains the same. They do not open. So for some reason in my brain, it wasn't registering. Every room has the "sofa bed" if you will which is identical to every other non-suite couch on the ship. They remove the 2 back cushions and that is the bed. I guess for occupancy reasons, they don't list the triangle rooms as all being a 4 person room. It's weird to me.

Also, the FV (we had 8107 twice) does not have a trundle even though it says it's both an upper bed (triangle) and a convertible sofa (a square) which it is a regular couch like all of them, but not a trundle. They will actually allow 5 people in this room.

The square means a 4 person room - the 3rd person being the top of the couch, and a trundle bed.

The square and triangle together say they are a 5 person room (but only allow 4 people) have the top of the sofa as a bed, and the trundle, and the pull down bunk.

I hope this makes sense. Just when I thought I had it all straight again, it gets more confusing!

Archived