Ideas for letter to guests

jewel

Hey!! I am wondering if anyone has sent a pre-cruise letter to their guests?? We have 94 people cruising with us (So far!!!) and about 10 people flying into Nassau to join us for our wedding. I want to give our guests as much information as I can before we sail. If anyone has done this could you e-mail me what you have done???? Juliv@comcast.net THANKS SOOOO MUCH!!!

Congratulations. Sounds like you are in for a wonderful time with so many family and friends coming along. We had a total of 58 sailing with us when we were married aboard the Jewel of the Seas in February. I did a letter with some quick tips since we had a lot of first time cruisers. I've tried to upload the file but it may not have worked. I'll e-mail it to you as well.

I also did a little welcome newsletter that I distrbuted onboard. It had some basic info about cermony time and place along with a very popular "Guest Directory" so everyone could find each other. It's a MS Publisher file, so I don't know if you'll be able to open it. But I'll try to e-mail that as well.

Hi guys! I also am bringing 70 guests sailing with our wedding. I have been working on a newsletter-style mailer for my guests. It's also a publisher file, so some of you may not be able to open it (I LOVE Publisher for things like this). I'd be happy to e-mail it to anyone who could use it, I'm all about sharing. Let me know if you want it. I will also be putting bags in the guests' rooms with welcome letters, haven't started them yet, but I really like the guest directory thing... very smart!

We did gift bags as well. Mostly small items -- sunglasses, lip balm, some snacks, and adorable inflatable beach ball and a mesh bag that everyone used to lug towels to the beach, pool and excursions.

Everything was prepacked in a clear plastic gift bag tied with ribbon. We packed them is a big duffle that my sister checked with her luggage. We carried it onboard and just distributed the bags ourselves. They hung nicely on cabin doors and we had no problem with any of them being pilfered. In some cases, the steward actually brought them inside for the guests.

We also prepared a special CD filled with cruise and beach related music. I tried to attach a copy of the CD cover, but the file is too big. :( But here's a list of what we included. We were able to download almost all of it.

Love Boat

No Cure Like Travel/Bon Voyage

Sea Cruise

Under the Sea

Too Many Fish in the Sea

Fins

Jump In the Line

Between the Devil & the Deep Blue Sea

Sit Down You’re Rockin’ the Boat

On a Slow Boat to China

Boat Drinks

Will His Love be Like His Rum

South of the Border

Hot, Hot, Hot

Margaritaville

Mexicali Blues

Vahevela

Don’t Falter at the Alter

Beyond the Sea

TV Theme Song

Anything Goes

Frankie Ford

The Little Mermaid

The Commitments

Jimmy Buffet

Harry Belafonte

Benny Goodman

Guys and Dolls

Ella Fitzgerald

Jimmy Buffet

Harry Belafonte

Frank Sinatra

Buster Poindexter

Jimmy Buffet

Grateful Dead

Kenny Loggins

Cab Calloway

Bobby Darin

Girls, please send me any files that you are willing to share on letters you gave your guests. I only have 15 people coming but 11 have never been on a cruise before, I would like to prepare them for the fab. trip they will be taking. Thanks so much and good luck to all of you!

Lindsay

lindzlee@yahoo.com

:)

I would love to see a copy of the letters y'all have written for your guests. We are getting married on the Grand in November and have 60 guests sailing. I was thinking of doing gift bags but I'm going to do a bottle of wine and an opener in each room instead and a $100.00 on board credit (using my group points)

Kristin

KFrawley@seton.org

Hello all, I am looking for a welcome/information letter to put in my gift bags as well. We are only having around thirty guests, but the majority of them including myself have never sailed. I don't even know where to begin would a kind sole please help me and email me an example of what they are using. THANKS SO MUCH.

Aloyicus@msn.com

Okay - Here's the copy for the stuff I put in the pre-wedding letter to cruising guests. It's pretty general, but I put in a cute document with some graphics to make it look like a newsletter. Sorry, but I can't manage to post the whole document here.

Things to Know Before You Go

Boarding Documents & Passports

Even though a passport is not required, it is strongly recommended. In lieu of a passport, you’ll need government issued photo ID and proof of citizenship (usually in the form a certified copy of your birth certificate.) Married ladies might also need to bring a certified copy of their marriage certificate since ID and birth certificate names will not match.

Each passenger should complete a Guest Information Form prior to arrival at the dock. Royal Caribbean allows you to complete this form online – go to www.rccl.com and look under boarding documents. To complete this form, you will need your booking number, ship and sail date, and personal information including passport numbers.

Tips for Packing

Place any valuables or items that cannot be easily replaced in your carry on bags. In the event that you luggage misses the boat, it will be delivered in the next port of call. But you won’t want to be without things like prescription medication, jewelry, eye glasses, passports and identification.

Luggage tags with your name and cabin number will be included with your cruise documents. Be sure to put these tags on before checking your luggage at Royal Caribbean check in.

Check in will take place in the terminal at Port Everglades. When you check in, you’ll be given you cabin number and dinner table assignment. You may board the ship immediately, but your cabin may not be ready.

Luggage is checked at the terminal and will be delivered directly to your stateroom. However, it may be several hours before your luggage arrives. So pack a small carry-on bag with your travel documents, a change of clothes, bathing suit, maybe workout clothes, and any medications you may need. This will allow you to begin enjoying your vacation immediately, because you won't have to wait for your bags to arrive at your stateroom. Especially if you’ll be coming directly from a long day of traveling.

You’ll be asked to leave your bags outside your cabin door the night before the ship docks. They’ll be taken away and will waiting for you at customs. So keep carry on for any items you’ll need for the final evening of the cruise.

IN CASE OF EMERGENCY

Your friends and family can contact the ship by calling (888) 724-SHIP (888) 724-7447. They’ll need to provide your name and stateroom number. You can also make ship-to-shore calls from your stateroom, 24 hours a day. The cost is $7.95 USD per minute and will be automatically charged to your stateroom account.

Life On Board

Your Cabin…sorry, Stateroom

Like a fine hotel, all staterooms provide soap, shampoo and conditioner as well as a hair-dryer. However, the hair dryer is not as strong as you may be used to, so it may take a little longer to perfect your hair style.

Your cabin steward will provide clean towels and linens each day, along with evening turn down service. If you need extra towels or have any other special request, just ask.

No need to use towels from the rooms for the pool or for shore excursions as the ship provides them at no charge.

Complimentary room service is available any time of the day or night. Simply order from the room-service menu.

All drinking water on board this ship is safe to drink. In addition, bottled water will be available for purchase.

Decoding the Dress Code

There will be two formal nights on the cruise. The first is Monday night and the second is on Friday night (our final night on board). Since the wedding will be on Monday afternoon, you might want to wear whatever you are wearing to the wedding for the first formal night. (That’s what Anne will be doing.) But you’ll still need two fabulous evening outfits.

The other evenings, the dress code will be either casual, or what the cruise line calls “smart casual”. What this basically means is that men won’t need a jacket and tie for dinner each night. However, jeans, shorts, t-shirts and such are not really appropriate in the formal dinning room. Here is the “official” dress code guidance from Royal Caribbean:

· Casual: Sport shirts and slacks for men, sundresses or pants for women

· Smart Casual: Jackets and ties for men, dresses or pantsuits for women

· Formal: Suits and ties or tuxedos for men, cocktail dresses or evening gowns for women (wedding gowns are optional)

Tipping

A 15% gratuity will automatically be added to your bar bill or wine check when you are served, so tipping bartenders and cocktail waitresses is optional.

However, tipping for certain staff is expected. Royal Caribbean has published the following guidelines for tipping:

· Stateroom attendant: $3.50 per day per guest

· Dining Room Waiter: $3.50 per day per guest

· Assistant Waiter: $2.00 per day per guest

· Headwaiter: $0.75 per a day per guest

Envelopes for gratuities are provided in your stateroom on the last night of the cruise.

Hi folks -

I couldn't attach the newsletter we provided to all all of guests once they boarded. But I was able to cut and paste the copy. So here it is. The biggest hit was the directory. But the informal schedule of where to meet each night for pre-dinner cocktails was also fun. Though we didn't know what night the captain's cocktail party was and inadvertantly double booked. But it was easy enough to deal with.

Welcome to Our Wedding & Cruise Vacation

[Photo of the Jewel of the Seas]

Thank you all for joining us for this very special week-long celebration. Even though our wedding ceremony and the official reception will only last for a few hours, we hope that the fun and merriment will continue throughout the cruise.

When we decided to have our wedding aboard a cruise ship, we feared that many of our family and friends would not be able to join us because of the time and the expense. But we hoped for the best, and we were not disappointed. As we sail to day, we are a group of nearly sixty!

We can’t express how delighted we are that that so many of you are able to make this very important voyage with us.

This little newsletter shares some details and information that we hope you will find helpful. We also have a small gift to welcome you aboard.

We hope you will all have a wonderful time.

THE BIG EVENT: The Time & Location is Official

</SPAN>

The time & location of the wedding are confirmed. Please plan to arrive 20 minutes before the ceremony.

CEREMONY:

11:00 AM

The Safari Club,

DECK #6

RECEPTION:

11:30 AM-1:30 PM

The Safari Club,

DECK # 6

The Wedding Party

Maid of Honor: Joan Staunton

Bridesmaids: Megan Adams, Mary Elizabeth Conway, Catherine Misciagna

Best Man:, Douglas Adams

Groomsmen: David Elvove, Jonathan Glickman, James Theimer

Schedule of Events

Depending on the ship’s schedule these times and places may change, but here’s a start. Join us for these informal gatherings:

Sunday—Super Bowl Party at The Safari Lounge, Deck 6. 6pm kick-off.

Monday—Wedding and reception at 11am, Safari Club, Deck 6. PLEASE ARRIVE BY 10:45. Pre-dinner cocktails at the Champagne Bar, Deck 6 at 7:30. Formal dress for dinner.

Tuesday — In port at Cozumel. Meet Ian at Senor Frog’s or Carlos & Charlie’s for large quantities of margaritas and cervesa. Check with him for time and place.

Wednesday—In port at Costa Maya. Cocktails at the Schooner Bar, Deck 6 at 7:30.

Thursday— Pre-dinner drinks at 7:30 in the Viking Crown Lounge on Deck 12 .

Friday—Pre-dinner drinks and pool at the Game Reserves and Congo Bar on Deck 6 at 7pm.

</SPAN>

Table Assignments At Dinner

A note about dinner seating. Our group has been assigned the following tables in the dining room for the late seating at 8:30 pm each night. At check in, you should have been assigned to one of these tables. </SPAN>

Table 447 — 8 Seats

Table 449 — 10 Seats

Table 450 — 6 Seats

Table 451 — 10 Seats

Table 452 — 6 Seats

Table 453 — 10 Seats

Table 454 — 4 Seats

Table 456 — 4 Seats

If you were assigned to a table that does not appear on this list, speak with the maitre d’ as soon as possible. He should be able to arrange for you to sit with our group. If you’d like to rearrange, please feel free do so — as long as it is within the tables assigned to our party.

You needn’t eat in the main dining room every night. The ship offers numerous other dining options, both formal and casual. However, we hope that all of you will be able to join us at the first formal night on the evening of the wedding.

To make it easier to find each other, here’s a list (by last name) of those traveling with our group. Please note that some stateroom assignments may have changed prior to sailing.

</SPAN>

Last Name

First Name

Stateroom

Last Name

First Name

Stateroom

Adams

Aidan

Kirk

Bob

Adams

Doug

Kirk

Tracy

Adams

Ian

Larkin

Pagan

Adams

Joyce

Lauer

Scott

Adams

Kay

Misciagna

Cathy

Adams

Liam

Misciagna

Dominic

Adams

Megan

Misciagna

Matthew

Albanese

Maite

Montuori

Melissa

Albanese

Nico

Muller

Gary

Albanese

Tony

Muller

Kathleen

Apsel

Samantha

Murphy

Nicole

Bedell

Barbara

Okin

Ric

Bedell

James

Okin

Sonya

Carper

Mike

Sambrick

Dane

Carper

Patty

Staunton

Anne

Cassarino

Vincent

Staunton

Don

Ceremello

Christine

Staunton

Joan

Ceremello

Greg

Staunton

Joan (Marie)

Ceremello

Marie

Staunton

John

Conway

Aidan

Staunton

Michael

Conway

Mary

Staunton

Patty

Conway

Tom

Strasdser

Louella

Cullen

Liz

Theimer

James

Eck

Nate

Theimer

Jennifer

Eck

Nick

Wright

John

Elvove

David

Willkens

Mary Kate

Elvove

Robin

Ying

Barbara

Glickman

Jonathan

Ying

Ted

All Ashore Who’s Going Ashore…

excursions run by the cruise line. But if you’d rather venture out on your own, here is some helpful background information.

Key West

Because the wedding will take place at 11:00am, there will probably not be time to disembark in Key West. You will be required to clear US Immigration before you leave the ship, which requires extra time. If you go, plan to be the first one off the ship, and be back by 10 am.

Cozumel

There are now three large piers serving Cozumel. Punta Langosta closest to San Miguel. About 2 to 3 miles away, respectively, are the International Pier and Puerto Maya Pier. Our ship should dock at the International Pier.

It’s a good, long walk to downtown San Miguel from the International Pier, so you’re probably want to take a taxi into town. They are readily available at the pier and cost about $5 per person. Rates to the beaches are $10 to $15. To avoid being over-charged, settle on a fare before you depart. There is plenty of shopping and a variety of restaurants in the village center. It’s a small and easy to navigate on foot. Everyone speaks at least some English and they’ll be happy to accept dollars instead of pesos.

For food and drink, try Carlos & Charlies, located at the end of the Punta Langosta pier. It is a Cozumel tourist tradition! A non-stop party with gigantic margaritas, cold beer and rather good nachos and fajitas. Senor Frog’s, run by the same folks, has two locations — in town and just at the end of the International Pier. By early afternoon, you can expect Ian to be holding up the bar at one or the other of these spots. For more traditional Mexican fare, try Pancho's Backyard, a popular restaurant in town, with great margaritas.

Beaches in Cozumel are easy to explore on your own. Just ask a taxi driver to take you to one of several lovely beach clubs. My personal choice is Mr. Sancho's. It costs nothing to enter and has a restaurant, bar, beach activities, a swimming pool and Jacuzzi and a little shopping area. There are also water sports including jet skis, snorkeling gear , etc.

Playa Mia - is where the cruise tour will take you go, but you can visit on your own as well. It has an entrance fee (about $6) with other options that include an open bar or water sports equipment. There is a pool with a swim up bar and long stretch of beach (but reportedly not the most comfortable beach chairs.) There’s a bar and restaurant, lockers, excellent restrooms and lots of activities.

Chankanaab Marine National Park - is one of the beaches closest to the cruise piers and has some unique features. There is a replica of an ancient Mayan Village, and a botanical garden with an inland lagoon. It has a great beach. There is a fee to get in ($12) but there are several unique experiences offered, most notably the chance to swim with dolphins.

Paradise Beach Club and San Francisco Beach -- get mixed reviews. Some folks love Paradise Beach, but others find it overpriced and high-pressure. San Francisco Beach – just next door – is a little sleepier and has no pool. But both offer food, drink, and various water sports.

Costa Maya

Costa Maya is just north of the fishing village of Majahual (also spelled Mahahual). The cruise lines have erected a pier and carved out a piece of the jungle to build a faux Mexican village, with shops, restaurants, bars, a beach and a swimming pool. The ship will dock at the very long pier that leads to the shopping and entertainment area.

At the pier, chairs and hammocks line a man-made beach for sunning, but the rocky beach is not great for swimming. Instead, check out the salt-water pool with swim-up bar. Wave runners and such can be rented, as can bicycles.

For more a authentic Mexican scene, take a taxi ($5 per person) to Majahual village where you’ll find a lovely public beach and a few bars and restaurants all catering to cruisers.

Grand Cayman

All ships must anchor in the harbor and tender passengers to the island. (Don’t panic – tenders are not little dinghys, but rather large, enclosed boats.) You’ll be dropped at one of two docks and both are right in downtown George Town, close to shopping and restaurants.

Some highlights of Grand Cayman include Seven Mile Beach and Stingrays City. If you are headed to the beach, find a taxi and negotiate the fare to Seven Mile Beach. Because of severe damage from Hurricane Ivan, some of the beach facilities are not completely restored. However, I understand the Sea Grape Beach is a nice spot. There is $10 admission fee, plus the cost of beach lounges and umbrellas. But they have a bar, cafe, showers, bathrooms and other services. And, there are a few casinos if you haven’t already lost your shirt at the onboard!

Archived