Ncl charges $$ for circque show!!!!!

CHELSEADOG

I've been on many cruises mostly Princess but we've been on NCL and RCCL and Disney. We, my husband and I and my children and grandchildren, 8 people all together, are booked on the Epic for Feb 18 a Niclelodeon cruise.

I made the reservatioins on line and looked through all the information on line. I am now making reservations for shows and tours. I tried to make reservations for Circque Dreams only to find out that there is a charge for the show, $30 per person adult and child for premium seats and $20 per person and child for standard seats. Nowhere in all the info I read is there mention of a charge for this. It states very clearly for all the restaurants what the charge is but doesn't tell you about the charge for this till you book it. I called to complain but was told this was dinner.

Is anyone else upset with this????? I never imagined an extra charge for entertainment

I've been on many cruises mostly Princess but we've been on NCL and RCCL and Disney. We, my husband and I and my children and grandchildren, 8 people all together, are booked on the Epic for Feb 18 a Niclelodeon cruise.

I made the reservatioins on line and looked through all the information on line. I am now making reservations for shows and tours. I tried to make reservations for Circque Dreams only to find out that there is a charge for the show, $30 per person adult and child for premium seats and $20 per person and child for standard seats. Nowhere in all the info I read is there mention of a charge for this. It states very clearly for all the restaurants what the charge is but doesn't tell you about the charge for this till you book it. I called to complain but was told this was dinner.

Is anyone else upset with this????? I never imagined an extra charge for entertainment

Nope, not upset at all. It's been discussed here many times and a charge is mentioned on the NCL.com website. I've been on the Epic twice now but to be honest that's not a show I had any desire to see. You will be very impressed with the entertainment that is available........at no cost. :D

Enjoy your cruise.

Not upset at all. It is a dinner and a show that I found worth the price. It was well worth it!

Not upset with the charge -- knew about it long before sailing. Upset that the dinner was poor and the show bordering on ridiculous.

No upset. We were aware of this way ahead of booking our Epic cruise. We enjoyed it and really liked the food and show. Once was enough, however.

Concur w/ most everyone else. We understood there was a charge...for the dinner.

If you do decide to book it, I'd personally get the $20 tix and sit upstairs where the views are great (just my two cents).

In any case, hope you all enjoy the Epic. We love it.

Maybe what you meant to say was that you never imagined an extra charge for a show?

There are a lot of charge entertainment on the ship from Bingo to Murder mystery lunches and booze clinics. This is a dinner show and therefore what you are paying for is the meal with a show to watch.

There was a quite a bit of talk about this when the Epic first set sail. But since most reviews that came back were very positive on the show and the food was for the most part at least OK in reviews. It has appeared to be very popular.

Don't try and book the Nickelodeon character breakfast ... you don't need any more shocks;)

Sorry that you were shocked by the charge but as the others have mentioned, it isn't anything new at all.

I do hope that you enjoy the Epic - she is a great ship!!!!

We're on your 2/18 cruise, also with our 9 y.o. son, who LOVED this show when we cruised Epic last year. It's great entertainment-- watching those acrobats do amazing things while on a moving ship at sea is simply stunning!!! Make sure you join the Roll Call: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1390039

Look forward to seeing you on the ship!

Don't know if you realize, but the Cirque show, non premium seats have increased from $20 to 25. I'm cruising on Feb 11 and when I made my reservation, on the first screen it said $20, when you go to check out it is $25. Called my PCC and she told me the price was just increased, they just haven't made the change on all parts of the website, except where they actually take your money. That was probably the first and only place it was changed

The show is great. My then 7y/o loved it and we will do it again this time, even with the $5 increase

Without a charge, too many people would want to go too many times, and the venue would not accommodate the demand. By charging, the people who really want to go do; others don't go. A bit like the demand for Sanctuary space on Princess, perhaps. Your call...have a great cruise either way. There are other paid venues; don't be surprised.

NCL is very clear on what's included in the price of your cruise and what's not. If you think you won't have enough to do if you decide to not pay the Cirque fee, guess again. Blue Man Group would cost you $100 anywhere but on the ship, but on the ship its free. Watching Slam Allen in a blues bar would cost you money, as would entry to a dueling piano bar. There's a ton of entertainment on the ship, and almost all of it free. Enjoy.

Archived