Putting nudity aside - Divi vs. Orient

dpitula

Putting the nudity issue aside (not really a concern here) based just on scenic beauty - Which is the most beautiful beach Divi Little Bay or Orient?

There is NO COMPARISON - Orient Beach!

Putting the nudity issue aside (not really a concern here) based just on scenic beauty - Which is the most beautiful beach Divi Little Bay or Orient?

DW & I were at Orient Beach last Wed... Beautiful beach... We spent the whole day there... You can rent just about anything water related... You can choose not to go over to the 100% nude side (DW & I went just to get it our of system... Stayed about 30mins frolicking in the water Au Naturel at the very far end away from everybody)... There were about 200+ people of all ages, shapes & sizes having fun Au Naturel... On the other side, there will be alot of topless women in all ages, shapes & sizes...

However, it seems that old & very fat middle age men found it necessary to walk their sorry butts thru the non-nude side at 100% nude... DW & I thought it was a little wierd & quite amusing being they have a pretty good stretch of beach where they can do that... I have absolutely no problem with nudity but it needs to be kept where it belongs... I love being naked in the right place & time... I had no idea on the non-nude side there would be 100% nude men walking... :confused: I expected topless women, which is totally cool, as DW stayed topless the whole day... There were probably 20 or 30 women where we were at that were topless... We were in front of the Kakao Beach Club... Nice place... I didn't see any 100% nude women walking on the non-nude side... I guess they knew something that the men didn't...

I will go back to Orient Beach... It was beautiful, peaceful, the water was a little rough but beautiful as well... Anyone who doesn't have a hangup on nudity, that's the place to go!!! See ya there!!!:D

I vote for Orient Beach as well. The is lots to do, with every imaginable water sport available. Or do nothing at all, which is my favorite activity. I like Bikini Beach for the good food and nice service. Kakao is nice too. But but some people find them pricey.

DW & I were at Orient Beach last Wed... Beautiful beach... We spent the whole day there... You can rent just about anything water related... You can choose not to go over to the 100% nude side (DW & I went just to get it our of system... Stayed about 30mins frolicking in the water Au Naturel at the very far end away from everybody)... There were about 200+ people of all ages, shapes & sizes having fun Au Naturel... On the other side, there will be alot of topless women in all ages, shapes & sizes...

However, it seems that old & very fat middle age men found it necessary to walk their sorry butts thru the non-nude side at 100% nude... DW & I thought it was a little wierd & quite amusing being they have a pretty good stretch of beach where they can do that... I have absolutely no problem with nudity but it needs to be kept where it belongs... I love being naked in the right place & time... I had no idea on the non-nude side there would be 100% nude men walking... :confused: I expected topless women, which is totally cool, as DW stayed topless the whole day... There were probably 20 or 30 women where we were at that were topless... We were in front of the Kakao Beach Club... Nice place... I didn't see any 100% nude women walking on the non-nude side... I guess they knew something that the men didn't...

I will go back to Orient Beach... It was beautiful, peaceful, the water was a little rough but beautiful as well... Anyone who doesn't have a hangup on nudity, that's the place to go!!! See ya there!!!:D

I've got to chuckle: Well, of course topless women would be "totally cool" to you--you're a hetero male! (Little bit of a double standard there, eh? Topless/nude women, yes; nude men, no.) I can tell you, as a woman, that I enjoy topless, but am not comfortable fully nude, except on a lounger with my DH right beside me, and then only if it's a fully clothing optional place. That's just me though. I did as your DW did (and my DH loved it). ;)

Anyway, I don't find fully nude men particularly interesting (except DH and certain handsome celebrities). It doesn't offend me either though. I'm happy when DH can be nude, but as you say, right time and right place. He did not strut around the non-fully-nude areas of Orient. He did enjoy some skinny dipping around the Pedro's area. I just don't pay attention to the issue on the beach. However, I don't find nude, overweight, older (oh heck, younger either) males strutting around much different from the same males strutting around in teeny-tiny Speedos, which (IMO) just look ridiculous. I'd almost rather they go nude. Then I'll just ignore them; in the Speedos, I just want to laugh. :D

Glad you enjoyed Orient. BTW, the water isn't always rough. When we were there (about a year ago), the water was clear and pretty calm.

We can't wait to go back to Orient someday.

beachchick

I've never been to Orient Beach but I was at Little Divi Bay Beach last week (April 12th) and it is a public beach surrounded by a time share/resort complex that's a $4 cab ride from the cruise pier. You can see the backside of the complex from the cruise pier (port side out on the penisula, assuming your ship goes in head first). The beach is nice but not what I would call scenic. The kids really enjoyed the 2-3 foot waves and using the boogie boards. It was a great day for our family. We saw no nudity...I have pictures (including panoramic) if anyone wants to see more of it.

Scott

it seems that old & very fat middle age men found it necessary to walk their sorry butts thru the non-nude side at 100% nude... DW & I thought it was a little wierd & quite amusing being they have a pretty good stretch of beach where they can do that... I have absolutely no problem with nudity but it needs to be kept where it belongs... I love being naked in the right place & time... I had no idea on the non-nude side there would be 100% nude men walking.
Guess you haven't been reading this thread where it has been explained over and over that ALL of Orient Beach is considered "clothing optional", so therefore, don't be surprised to see nude folks at locations other than the Club Orient Resort. The beach is not divided into "nude" vs "non-nude" areas. More common in the morning and late afternoon, but even during the heat of the day there very well may be people strolling the beach while exercising their "option" of wearing fewer clothes than others. There are also beach bar locations where nude sunbathers are not at all uncommon. Orient Beach is a wonderful and exciting place to visit - enjoy it all, and always remember why you travel - to visit, see, do and enjoy things that you don't have/wouldn't do while at home.

Guess you haven't been reading this thread where it has been explained over and over that ALL of Orient Beach is considered "clothing optional", so therefore, don't be surprised to see nude folks at locations other than the Club Orient Resort. The beach is not divided into "nude" vs "non-nude" areas. More common in the morning and late afternoon, but even during the heat of the day there very well may be people strolling the beach while exercising their "option" of wearing fewer clothes than others. There are also beach bar locations where nude sunbathers are not at all uncommon. Orient Beach is a wonderful and exciting place to visit - enjoy it all, and always remember why you travel - to visit, see, do and enjoy things that you don't have/wouldn't do while at home.

I agree with you are saying... But, I would think people could make a logical connection that one end of the beach - totally nude - rest of beach - topless... But then again we are talking about men... DW & I had a great time... It was just an observation... We will go back & now know what to expect when we go... In regards to the Speedo's, I would rather see that on another man then them being "au naturel"... Some things are better not seen by the general public!!! I'm in shape, no gut, not overweight, pretty muscular but DW said she would die b4 she let me wear a Speedo in public... She would rather me be nude... So, go figure!!..:D

Archived