hotel help for carnival splendor

noslen3333

I have a tall order for a hotel before our cruise and I am hoping ya'll can help. We are leaving on the Carnival Splendor March 4th and we are driving in from Texas. I need to find a hotel that has a park and cruise package with a smoking room...and is in a safe area. We've had one car stolen and I don't want to repeat that! Most of the hotels are non-smoking and that's a big issue for us.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated!! Thanks.

Welcome to California. Last survey I read said that 84% of our population are non-smokers. Many hotels cater to this majority.

Some hotels in the Long Beach area are in dicey areas. Also check the San Pedro area. The Hilton has good reviews here. There might be a Carnival coupon code to use. Research here or call the hotel directly.

The easiest place to stay is the Queen Mary. She shares the parking lot with the Carnival dock. Just for comparison parking is $15/day.

If you stay in the San Pedro area, you probably won't be able to get a free shuttle to-and-from the ship. Also, most hotels are now smoke free in the rooms, however, they all have areas you can smoke outside.

In Long Beach you can try 2 places. The first is Hotel Maya, which is really close to the ship. Rates are expensive, but they have a special corporate rate of around $130. This includes 1 night, leaving your car for the week, and free shuttle service. To see if the corporate rate is still available for your sailing day, go to hotelmaya.com. When asked, you need to enter the corporate code number 0560018220. Make sure you enter it into the right space. If still available, it will let you know.

The other hotel is Hotel Current. Price is about the same, with the same services, but they also give free breakfast (with waffles). Hotel Current is further from the ship. You don't need any special code here.

Good luck and have fun!

I have a tall order for a hotel before our cruise and I am hoping ya'll can help. We are leaving on the Carnival Splendor March 4th and we are driving in from Texas. I need to find a hotel that has a park and cruise package with a smoking room...and is in a safe area. We've had one car stolen and I don't want to repeat that! Most of the hotels are non-smoking and that's a big issue for us.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated!! Thanks.

I believe ALL hotel rooms in Long Beach (perhaps in California) are non-smoking. You may be able to smoke on a balcony. The Hotel Maya or the Long Beach Hilton both have great cruise/park rates.

Sorry. But I lost a parent due to lung disease from smoking--so ....

I believe ALL hotel rooms in Long Beach (perhaps in California) are non-smoking. You may be able to smoke on a balcony. The Hotel Maya or the Long Beach Hilton both have great cruise/park rates.

Sorry. But I lost a parent due to lung disease from smoking--so ....

I decided to do some research and there are smoking rooms available--at least at the Long Beach Hilton. According to another post, there is a park and cruise package with the room and parking not much more than parking at the pier.

The Doubletree Hotel Maya is 100% non-smoking.

As you might have guessed, I am pretty anti-smoking.

I decided to do some research and there are smoking rooms available--at least at the Long Beach Hilton. According to another post, there is a park and cruise package with the room and parking not much more than parking at the pier.

The Doubletree Hotel Maya is 100% non-smoking.

As you might have guessed, I am pretty anti-smoking.

As someone who lost her MIL to lung cancer just two years ago (and she had quit smoking many years ago, before I'd met her) and has a daughter with asthma, I'm so glad that more and more hotels are acknowledging the importance of banishing tobacco from their facilities.

Hotels in California have an exemption to the smoking ban:

"While the California smoking ban is quite comprehensive in its coverage, the law does provide for some areas where smoking is permitted. Under the law, smoking may be allowed in 65 percent of rooms in hotels, or other places of "transient lodging." Similarly, California law permits smoking in up to 25 percent of hotel lobbies or, if the lobby is less than 2,000 square feet, then the smoking area may occupy up to 50 percent of this space."

from ehow.com

OP, I suppose you'll have to call the hotel directly or check the website of any you are considering.

Hotels in California have an exemption to the smoking ban:

"While the California smoking ban is quite comprehensive in its coverage, the law does provide for some areas where smoking is permitted. Under the law, smoking may be allowed in 65 percent of rooms in hotels, or other places of "transient lodging." Similarly, California law permits smoking in up to 25 percent of hotel lobbies or, if the lobby is less than 2,000 square feet, then the smoking area may occupy up to 50 percent of this space."

from ehow.com

OP, I suppose you'll have to call the hotel directly or check the website of any you are considering.

There may be an "exemption"...but it's permissive, not required...So most hotels are going to "no smoking" anyway, passing on the exemption...

Aside from the obvious health benefits, there are a good many reason hotels prefer to be non-smoking, among them decreased fire hazard, lower insurance costs, lower maintenance costs, etc. Preventing smoking means fewer burn holes in upholstery and carpeting, better smelling rooms...longer replacement time on furnishings...

Also, California law on smoking may be superseded by stricter local laws...Many California municipalities (my home town of Calabasas was the first!) have instituted smoking bans that are more stringent than the state law...

Welcome to California...It may be a good time to kick the nasty habit!

The OP was not asking for a speech about the dangers of smoking or anyones personal belief on why they should quit. Smokers know smoking is bad for them, but they would like a place to do what they want in the comfort of their own room. No I am not a smoker but I respect peoples rights.

Archived