Booking a suite 9 months out

chadjackson

We just booked an SJ Family Suite on the November 11th Star cruise out of New Orleans. When we asked about the $300 OBC for booking a suite 9 months out, the person on the phone said that it was just for penthouse suites. I'm pretty sure I've seen other people book the same category 9 months out and get the $300. Is this correct? Anybody book this? I've looked at a couple of online travel agents and when I made a dummy booking with them with this same category, there was a $300 credit from NCL included.

We booked the same SJ category last month on the Dawn for Oct. 2012. We did receive $300 OBC but it was all Latitudes related vs. having to do with 9 months in advance. There was an AARP 5% discount offered for the 9 months in advance booking, but it was less than the Latitudes OBC and we couldn't take both. For the Latitudes OBC, we received $150 for moving up a Latitudes level and $150 for the insider offer for booking 12/1 to 12/31/11. With the new Latitudes point program though you will receive 21 points for the suite & 9 months in advance which could bump you into another level.

I did a google search and found the webpage on the NCL site that has the $300 offer. It is for a suite booking, excluding mini suites, 9 months or more out. It is frustrating to deal with somebody answering a phone for a company that doesn't know what is going on. :) Hopefully we can get it straightened out Monday.

I did a google search and found the webpage on the NCL site that has the $300 offer. It is for a suite booking, excluding mini suites, 9 months or more out. It is frustrating to deal with somebody answering a phone for a company that doesn't know what is going on. :) Hopefully we can get it straightened out Monday.

Log into MyNCL. You may have already got it and the person booking didn't realize it. Did you book directly with NCL on the phone or a TA? Either way the OBC from NCL should show up when you look at your "Vacation Summary" in MyNCL.

Archived