Social media backlash by workers?

I went onto the Twitter website and searched "thomson cruise" hoping to find reviews.

Instead I seem to have come across ex employees having a whinge!

One guy, Joseph N Correa, @josephncorrea has 2 posts and says:

"INBEHALF OF MY BAND THOMSON CRUISES GO TO HELL ****ED UP,HVE BOMB 2012 SEASON."

And

"TO ALL CRUISE SHIP AROUND THE WORLD NO GOOD ACCOMMODATION I WORK MANY TIME THOMSON CRUISE LINES...."

The second post seems incomplete obviously. A quick google indicates he was in a band called Top Men - perhaps his contract wasn't renewed.

The other whinger @TsvetelinaKatso has this to say.

"THOMSON CRUISES, DESTINY,SPIRIT, MAJESTY,DREAM, CELEBRATION AND ALL CRUISE SHIP THUMP UP MY BIG **** YOUR SHIP,NO GOOD MANAGEMENT.CORUPTION."

Thankfully passengers seem to have a better word to say about Thomson!

This was someone who stole Jo facebook photo and made up a profile in Jo,s name I can asure you this was NOT the real Jo and this creep has been reported and block by lots of us.Jo who is a friend of mine and his band Prime men are joining the Dream next week. Jo told me this today.

This was someone who stole Jo facebook photo and made up a profile in Jo,s name I can asure you this was NOT the real Jo and this creep has been reported and block by lots of us.Jo who is a friend of mine and his band Prime men are joining the Dream next week. Jo told me this today.

So pleased you have been able to clear this up for us - shameful that people will steal others' identity and then cause concern (for passengers who have a sense of responsibilty in terms of hoping the crew are decently treated) and problems for the musicians/crew involved.

I must say I was surprised in as much as Top Men is a very popular band on Thomson's ships and have been with them a long time - which doesn't match up with the picture painted by the identity thief as if they are so badly treated, why keep working for Thomson?

As I said before we knew one of the classical musicians who told us exactly what he was paid, tax free (on the high seas - non-taxable), had all his meals provided, his room serviced (like the passengers although I realise this service wouldn't be provided for all crew), soft drinks were free and alcoholic half price (although of course he couldn't really drink as he was working). He said he loved the Celebration and was happy to keep renewing his contract with them - the only down side for him was the contracts kept him away from his new wife which I think is the reason we don't see him now. He was perfectly happy with the way he was treated and said of Holland America.... 5 stars for passengers....rubbish for us! So I was left with the impression that whilst they have to work very hard and it's not all sweetness and light being at sea for most of a year at a time, generally the musicians were happy enough with their lot to keep coming back.

And true to say many of the entertainers and showteam appear again and again and if it was so bad presumably they wouldn't do that. So I'm really pleased to discover this facebook report is phoney. I would be upset thinking that the entertainers we love so much are so unhappy with their life on board.

And the good news in your post Doctor Who is that your freind is going back on Dream next week. Does that mean the French Melt group have been dispensed with? I wouldn't be surprised. Stephen Guy wouldn't want to have poor standards on Thomson ships in general (I think he has quite a bit of influence in that respect!!!) and in particular on the ship where he is the C.D.! ;)

I went onto the Twitter website and searched "thomson cruise" hoping to find reviews.

"INBEHALF OF MY BAND THOMSON CRUISES GO TO HELL ****ED UP,HVE BOMB 2012 SEASON."

And

"TO ALL CRUISE SHIP AROUND THE WORLD NO GOOD ACCOMMODATION I WORK MANY TIME THOMSON CRUISE LINES...."

The second post seems incomplete obviously. A quick google indicates he was in a band called Top Men - perhaps his contract wasn't renewed.

"THOMSON CRUISES, DESTINY,SPIRIT, MAJESTY,DREAM, CELEBRATION AND ALL CRUISE SHIP THUMP UP MY BIG **** YOUR SHIP,NO GOOD MANAGEMENT.CORUPTION."

Also on Facebook

And

This was also posted on the facebook website but blocked. It seems that someone is posing as one of the others but not sure which one is the impersonator. However it does seem that one of them has a gripe against Thomsons. Thomsons are aware of it and are currently checking out the facts

Archived