Fascination v. Imagination

MamaParrotHead

although we are over a month away from taking our first cruise, I'm looking into whether or not we can find anything we're interested in for maybe next summer (to take advantage of booking onboard). looking to possibly bring the kids (who will be 3 and 6 at that point). looking to do maybe a 4-5 day cruise, somewhere kind of tame (I was thinking western caribbean, lots of beachs and stuff...the soutern route kind of spooks me to think of bringing 2 kids that young to belize, honduras, etc.). DH and I have been to Key West and think that there's lots to do with the kids there, and Cozumel looks fun as well.

Can someone give me the pros/cons of the Fascination and/or Imagination? I don't think the ships need to be super flashy...I'd rather it not be ancient and must be safe and clean, with a decent Camp Carnival program for if/when the kids want to participate.

Thanks!

Fascination is an ok ship. Definitely not ancient, but obviously not new either. If the internary is what's important to you, then definitely sail her. The ship is large, but not huge. Easy to get around. And from what I could tell, the kids (what few there were) appeared to be having a great time.

Hi,

we just got back from the Inspiration. we had 7 adults and 4 kids. it was a 4night cruise. the kids loved the camp program at night. durning the day they were with us and there new friends from the camp. The ship was just the right size. and it was 2 days at sea and 1 long wonderful day in Cozumel. we went to Paridise beach and for a 12.00 taxi and 5.oo p/p to get in we all got to use all the non motorized water sports including snorkel gear they wanted.

www.Paradise-beach-cozumel.net/iceberg_pbeach.php it is a great port for kids no matter which ship you are on. at night we went back to the ship and the 2 younger kids 10,11 wanted to go to the camp carnivale slumber party. (they stayed at camp for a fun filled night of entertainment until 3am at which time they were delivered to there cabins via camp counselors. 26.00 for the night) After dropping the kids off at camp the adults and older children went to Cozumel and carlos and charlies (restraunt in Cozumel, lots of fun)untill 11pm and then back on the ship they had a mexican party on the lido deck as we left Cozumel at midnight. the next day was a sea day as well. and then we arrived back at tampa on monday.

great 4night cruise for familys.

Rox

Archived