Why is Liberty so full 9 months out ?

Ykgorbie

Just booked a B2B on the Liberty, Oct.6th and Oct.13, 2012. (Eastern/Western Caribbean)

We booked an aft wrap and now have friends trying to book a cabin anywhere near us. Nearly the entire 6th deck is sold out, as are a LOT of balcony cabins everywhere else..... At first I thought Carnival online was just not showing all of the cabins they really had available, but I called Carnival and a rep confirmed that the ship was very very full. She didn't know why, but seemed surprised. Does this date range fall on a U.S. Holiday or something? Any comments ?

Just booked a B2B on the Liberty, Oct.6th and Oct.13, 2012. (Eastern/Western Caribbean)

We booked an aft wrap and now have friends trying to book a cabin anywhere near us. Nearly the entire 6th deck is sold out, as are a LOT of balcony cabins everywhere else..... At first I thought Carnival online was just not showing all of the cabins they really had available, but I called Carnival and a rep confirmed that the ship was very very full. She didn't know why, but seemed surprised. Does this date range fall on a U.S. Holiday or something? Any comments ?

Yes, Columbus Day is Oct. 8,2012 and is a federal holiday.

I wonder if any TAs booked huge blocks of rooms? I didn't think thats a common practice like it was in the past. Liberty is a hot ship right now with the 2.0 upgrade completed. Were the Early Saver rates great when you booked? With it being in the tail end of hurricane season, maybe lots of people rolled the dice and booked if the fares were low enough.

Thanks, I hadn't thought about the 2.0 upgrades. Is the Liberty one of the few that will have these upgrades by Oct.'12 ?

Yes, the first anyway. The actual schedule was posted on CCLs website on FAQ. Also posted in story on CCs homepage and discussed on this board. Dream is getting some of the upgrades but not the new Guy's Burger Shack. The upgrade schedule heats up this fall.

It isn't just the sailing you are going on it is also the sailing I will be going on in September!!!!!

The ES rate for 8E's on Lido are gone and almost all ES rates for all other decks except Deck 10 and 11 are gone. There is not many, perhaps one or two left on Deck 10 and a few more on Deck 11. I haven't had a chance to book, I will have the funds to book it next week, and can only hope that the cabin I want it still available!!! I might have to book the cabin I orginally wanted at a higher price if I can't get the cabin on Deck 10.

The Funship 2.0 is certainly fueling the bookings . The next ship that gets the upgrades will see a spike in bookings too. The faster they can upgrade the ships the better!

We had this happen when booking our Liberty sailing that's finally almost here. We booked at the end of Jan. 2011 for January 2012. Way before the upgrades were announced. Not a holiday week either. Rates were really cheap.

Within 2 weeks, rates had gone up by hundreds of $$ per person and some categories were already sold out almost a year in advance. We later found out there are several groups onboard that took up the bookings. A few people that were going to join us but hadn't booked opted not to go the rates went up so much.

We are booked Nov 24 - Dec 1 and some of our friends wanna join us i hope and pray its going to be available by March (income tax refund time) so they can join us!!!! I am just hoping that they can come with us!

• 2 months later...

I know this is an old thread...but I have to admit that our 'crew' is a bit responsible for the lack of aft cabins on this sailing!! :p We have 7 on the starboard side.. two afts, an aft wrap, and 4 more from there...an inside, too...

BUT..it can also depend on how you are booking the cabin...a lot of those deck 6 balcony cabins ARE available..as long as you aren't trying to book them as early saver... If you bounce between past guest rates and fun select..you'll find them.

Call your PvP. They have access to rooms you wont see as available.

We are booked on the Liberty in January 2013 and almost all the suites are booked or at least not showing available. Wondering if a large group took up the many ocean view suites on the Empress deck. We are booked in an aft wrap but just curious.

Not every cabin will be made available as early saver, for lots of reasons.. most often because that is not the perfect choice for every one... I've seen cabins available one day, and then carnival announces a 'sale', and those cabins are no longer options. It's weird.

We are booked on the Liberty in January 2013 and almost all the suites are booked or at least not showing available. Wondering if a large group took up the many ocean view suites on the Empress deck. We are booked in an aft wrap but just curious.

We are sailing the week after you on the Liberty and we finally bit the bullet and booked about a month ago after we saw cabin after cabin disappear off the website. Glad we did. The rates are going up up up. I think right now with it being the only 2.0 ship, it's just a popular choice. I'm sure once some of the other ships get the upgrades it will even out, but right now Liberty is the only one with the awesome upgrades!

We are on the 10/13 sailing with you. We were going to book over Halloween, but changed our minds as we are going to Disney World the week after the cruise (we were going to do it the other way around, Disney first, then cruise). Anyway, we booked ES oceanview in February and only had starboard cabins to choose from. The week of the 8th is Columbus Day and many schools have the entire week off. It is also Canadian Thanksgiving, so might be Canadians on board. It is also a 2 week school holiday in England (mid 2 weeks), so I can assume many people might be from England. We have run into them at Disney at this time of year, so if I were flying all that way, I would try and squeeze in a cruise also. I have checked our ES rate, and it has gone up by $60.00 for our cabin since we booked.

Archived