1st time cruiser with young family and a little nervous!

Thank you jonah315 for your advice Iam glad to hear about the locks on the door we are really looking forward to the trip,and we will definately check out the adventure ocean club nice to hear from a fellow canadian,although Iam overwhelmed with all the wonderful feedback from friendly americans we are so fortunate to have such great neighbours.

Here are pics of my 2 younger kids...The little guy is 6 in these pics and the bigger guy is 11. Little guy kept trying to climb up on the railings and found the curve of the railings kept him from getting up more than one "rung" and staying up more than a few seconds.

6663722311_58ed573348.jpg

6663723839_616e09de53_m.jpg6663748921_0d0612f614_m.jpg

thanks so much good idea about the balcony room thing we have a balcomy room as well and thats a great suggestion i know she will be fine but i also know with kids it takes 2 seconds i agree with you i believe healthy fear of consequences is good we always explain that if she were to do certain things she would die.

Thanks again

This summer, we'll be on our 4th cruise w/our 2 boys, now 12 & 10. They were 7 & 5 the first time. Never had a problem. Of course, we always use common sense and never let them out of our sites when they were younger. Even now, my wife refuses to stay in a balcony room when they're with us. Have fun!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

On our first Disney cruise, my then 4yo son was out with us on an outdoor public deck that had chairs. First thing he did was pull a chair up to the railing to try to see over it better. So just be aware that kids need to specifically be told about safety issues.

wow we will definatley go over the groubd rules and the consequences.

thanks howe was the disney cruise?we were thinking of disney but royal caribeean looked like it offered lots as well for kids.

We have done Disney, RCI and Carnival. I would say Disney is Disney, which is to say it is over the top and kid friendly and the character encounters make the day for younger kids. My complaint is that it was a small boat (Magic) so can seem crowded by times. Also there are a lot of kids - over 1000 on the one we did. This means the number of kids in the program was higher than the other cruiselines. With RCI and Carnival my kids were known early on to the Counsellors and called by their first names. On Disney it was impossible to know any of the kids by name.

My kids enjoyed the other cruiselines just as much as Disney and they were cheaper. Having said that, if you like Disney, there is nothing like a Disney Cruise - it is totally Disney, 24/7. The character encounters are impressive. The little girls in their princess dresses, meeting the princesses in the lobby or hallway, was worth it to see. Their faces lit up.

If you like Disney, do a Disney cruise. If you could go either way, RCI offers a great program, at a lower price. Enjoy.

Bob

There are program to keep the kids busy while you get away from them and don't need to watch them like hawks. keep the kids from the balcony without an adult. We are going Freedom Dec. 2 ,2012. Enjoy the cruise and you will have a great time, and kids will too. We went on monarch in 2002 our first. we had a 12 year old. They will remember the cruise for years to come good luck.

Archived