Please Help with Current Recommendations for Lisbon Hotels and Private Guides

GJH123

Thanks Shredridt for the helpful information.

First Time 2008:

Welcome to Oceania, I hope you will find it as enjoyable as we do. I have one question. Would you be able to recommend a venue for authentic Fado that is in a safe area of the city?

Thank you so much!

Thanks Shredridt for the helpful information.

First Time 2008:

Welcome to Oceania, I hope you will find it as enjoyable as we do. I have one question. Would you be able to recommend a venue for authentic Fado that is in a safe area of the city?

Thank you so much!

Saved from the NYT.

"Apart from perhaps the Café Luso, our advice is to skip those in Bairro Alto. They cater specifically to tourists and are therefore overpriced, with mediocre food, and filled with tour groups. But in Alfama we can recommend the Casa de Linhares and Pateo de Alfama Fado houses.

Also consider Clube de Fado or Parreirinha de Alfama in Alfama. Or see Ana Marina sing in the small & friendly Sr. Fado in the same area.

But for the very best Fado experience, head to Senhor Vinho in the Lapa district.

There's usually a cover charge of between 15 and 20 euros, which when added to dinner, makes a night of Fado cost around 50 euros. It is a good idea to make reservations, especially on weekends."

As for "safe area" take a taxi from your hotel and back- no worries!:)

Thank you so much!

Thanks for the welcome. I think I'll enjoy Oceania. I have sailed with Azamara and **loved** them, and hope that O will live up to the high bar set by Az.

The NYT excerpt quoted by orchestrapal is spot on about fado. I would second their recommendations. In fact, I already did! See my post # 11 in this thread.

Thanks for the welcome. I think I'll enjoy Oceania. I have sailed with Azamara and **loved** them, and hope that O will live up to the high bar set by Az.

The NYT excerpt quoted by orchestrapal is spot on about fado. I would second their recommendations. In fact, I already did! See my post # 11 in this thread.

Ocenaia set "the bar" and Azamara cloned it. ;) You'll love O.

Hi everyone,

We have just booked Oceania's Regatta for August 30th from Istanbul to Lisbon, and we, too, are first time "O" people. We've been on both Azamara ships, and loved them also, so are looking forward to the "O" experience.

This weekend, on the basis of Trip Advisor reviews, I booked the Hotel Britania, and have had wonderful prompt and helpful replies from them. They have answered many questions for me, and arranged transport to the airport for us at the end of our stay.

I have found many of the places we have chosen from TA have been outstanding, and so we have also booked a TA recommended hotel in Istanbul.

Which sailing are you going on?

Archived