Dream A/I question, again!

Sorry but I have searched and cannot find what I am looking for.

Payment for the April repositioning cruise on the Dream is due shortly and am still undecided about taking the A/I option which for the two of us is £1,080.

Has anybody got an actual recent DREAM full bar list which includes the detailed cocktail and speciality coffees that are available along with both the normal bar prices and A/I supplements. If you have, would you please be willing to scan and post to the forum or provide a link where it can be viewed.

£1,080 does seem an astronomical amount but it is for 20 nights with quite a few sea days and a thirsty wife.;)

Many thanks

I have seen a price list on another Dream thread, but don't know which one, just read through some and I expect you will find it.

Do you really think you can drink enough to spend that amount? If so then do it, if not don't.

Someone emailed me a copy of the Summer menu the other day - no idea if its been updated, but imagine it will give you the jist.

PM your email address if you'd like me to send it to you.

Thanks Dark Defender but I don't believe that these boards support PM's which is why I was hoping for a link

I have seen a price list on another Dream thread, but don't know which one, just read through some and I expect you will find it.

Do you really think you can drink enough to spend that amount? If so then do it, if not don't.

If I could have found it there would have been no reason for the post. I too thought that I had seen one but after a long search cannot find it.

It's not about drinking enough it's about paying for something that we will not drink and/or having to pay additional charges for something that we will. It's about 7 or 8 drinks a day not all of which may be alcoholic, but if I don't know the detail what is on offer I am not in a position to make a decision.

Thank you for your input, but I was only hoping to only attract posts that could actually help.

Payment for the April repositioning cruise on the Dream is due shortly and am still undecided about taking the A/I option which for the two of us is £1,080.

£1080 1.gif How long is the cruise?

Has anybody got an actual recent DREAM full bar list which includes the detailed cocktail and speciality coffees that are available along with both the normal bar prices and A/I supplements. If you have, would you please be willing to scan and post to the forum or provide a link where it can be viewed.

The most recent prices were knocking about this forum a while ago but not the full bar list.I do have the bar list(not full)on my PC somewhere with prices prior to the rise in june last year.I also have a the full Dream bar list for last June in the house but have not got a scooby how to scan onto here...Pints are £3-50 and cocktails are £4-25ish

Happy to send a copy of the full bar list to you

£1080 1.gif How long is the cruise?

The most recent prices were knocking about this forum a while ago but not the full bar list.I do have the bar list(not full)on my PC somewhere with prices prior to the rise in june last year.I also have a the full Dream bar list for last June in the house but have not got a scooby how to scan onto here...Pints are £3-50 and cocktails are £4-25ish

Happy to send a copy of the full bar list to you

Thanks a lot for the offer Jim but I cannot figure out a way of letting you have my email or postal address without posting it to the forum and I am not comfortable in doing that. It’s unusual that nobody has already posted a link to a copy of the bar list because usually you can find anything if not on this forum then certainly on the internet.

Merging a number of different sources on the net together would suggest that if you have a mid morning coffee, coke at lunch, two non alcoholic cocktails in the afternoon , an aperitif and glass of wine at dinner plus two alcoholic cocktails in the evening you are not much short of the £27 a day charge for all inclusive. So an extra coke or coffee would mean that the all inclusive is in fact worth it. I’m still trying to find out if we would actually drink what’s on offer and also if we would have to pay supplements. It may be that we would only drink this quantity on the sea days but if the weather is good on shore days a few extra cokes would make up for this.

£1,080 seems an enormous amount for 20 days, but if you break the charge down per day it is easy to see how pay per drink could be more expensive- even if you are not a heavy (alcoholic) drinker.

Thanks a lot for the offer Jim but I cannot figure out a way of letting you have my email or postal address without posting it to the forum and I am not comfortable in doing that.

Know what you mean and thats where this forum sadly lacks in a PM function..

It’s unusual that nobody has already posted a link to a copy of the bar list because usually you can find anything if not on this forum then certainly on the internet.

It is surprising that the bar list for the Dream is not to be found on this forum.A few other Thomson ship bar lists eg Destiny have been on here

Merging a number of different sources on the net together would suggest that if you have a mid morning coffee, coke at lunch, two non alcoholic cocktails in the afternoon , an aperitif and glass of wine at dinner plus two alcoholic cocktails in the evening you are not much short of the £27 a day charge for all inclusive. So an extra coke or coffee would mean that the all inclusive is in fact worth it. I’m still trying to find out if we would actually drink what’s on offer and also if we would have to pay supplements. It may be that we would only drink this quantity on the sea days but if the weather is good on shore days a few extra cokes would make up for this.

From experience its more than doeable...

£1,080 seems an enormous amount for 20 days, but if you break the charge down per day it is easy to see how pay per drink could be more expensive- even if you are not a heavy (alcoholic) drinker.

Top price for a 7 day cruise is £396 per party

Heres the bar list from our cruise in June 2011 with the 2011 supplements.The prices went up the day we disembarked.I m sure I read on here the draught beer rose to £3-50 a pint and cocktails to £4-25/50

Draught free on AI

John Smiths

Strongbow

Heineken

Can/Bottled 330ml (carried a supplement of £1-90)

Becks

Fosters

Kronenbourg

Heineken

Budweiser

Coroona

Bass Ale

Can/bottled 550ml (carried a supplement£1-90)

Guinness

John Smiths extra smooth

Newcastle Brown Ale

Can/bottled Cider

Bulmers (586ml)suppl £2-50

Strongbow (440ml)suppl £1-90

Whisky free on AI

Sir Edwards

Bells

Cutty sark

Famous Grouse

Jonnie Walker Red

Teachers

J&B

Ballantines

Canadian Club

Old Bushmill

Jim Beam

Whisky (carried a supplement of £1-15)

Jameson

Jack Daniels

Jonnie Walker Black Label

Glenmorangie

Chivas regal

Macallen

GIN FREE ON AI

London Gin

Beffeater

Gordons

Bombay Sapphire

Tanqueray

Vodka

Akademicka

Moskovskaya

Stolichnaya

Smirnoff

Absolut(suppl £1-15)

Absolut Citron(suppl £1-15)

Rum

Castillo Silver

Bacardi

Bacardi Lemon

Bacardi Dark

Myers(suppl £1-15)

Captain Morgan(suppl £1-15)

Other Spirits

Aztec Silver tequila

Tequila

Tequila Gold

Grappa

Kirschwasser

Malibu

Liqueurs

Baileys(suppl £1-15)

Southern Comfort(suppl £1-15)

Tia Maria

Amaretto

Kahlua

Drambuie

Frangelico

Cherry Brandy

Fernet Branca

Advocaat

Cointreau

Galliano

Grand Marnier

Jagermeister

Apricot Brandy

Sambuca

Brandy

Bardinet Napolean

Fundador

Metaxa Five Star

Martell VS(suppl £1-30)

Hennessy VS(suppl £1-30)

Cardenal Mendoza(suppl £1-70)

Martell VSOP(suppl £2-30)

Hennessy VSOP(suppl £2-30)

Armagnac(suppl £2-30)

Remy Martin XO(suppl £8-80)

There are 29 Cocktails and only 7 carried a supplement which was £1-15

Theres are 3 frozen cocktails and 7 virgin cocktails=no supplement

There are 7 aperitifs=no supplement

There are 6 ports/sherrys=no supplement

White wine,Red wine,Rose Wine by the glass=no supplement

Sparkling wine =carried a supplement £1-15

Juices(200ml)

Orange

tomato

grapefruit

cranberry(supplement £0-95)

Soft Drinks (330ml)

Coca Cola

Diet Coke

Fanta

Diet Fanta

Sprite

Diet Sprite

Ginger Ale

Soda Water

Bitter Lemon

Tonic

Slimline Tonic Water

Still/Sparkling water(supplement £0.80 500ml,£1.40 1,5L)

Perrier(supplement £1.15)

Red Bull(supplement £2.15)

Hot Beverages

Espresso

Americano

Cappuccino

Cafe` Latte

Cafe Mocha

Cafe Frappe

Instand Coffee

Decaffeinated Coffee

Hot Chocolate

Teas(various)

There are 6 Liqueur Coffees all carried supplement of £1.00

I do not think there will be any changes to the drinks that carry the supplement( apart from price)or the drinks list that is available as whole as its been the same for our last two cruises

Geez I`m thirsty now :D

If you have any questions acmar just ask.

Thanks a lot Jim

Don't know about thirsty but you fingers must need a rest after typing that lot.

I think that I am now swaying towards paying for A/I as it does appear that buying individual drinks could well total more then the A/I supplement. In any event if I don't get my moneys worth I cant see how I would be much out of pocket even though my wife's preferred rum is at a supplement.

Surprising how easily drinks bill mounts up even though they are not all alcoholic and the prices are not outrageous-I suppose its the length of the cruise that's doing it. I've got a £200 OBC so if I get the drinks package at least final on board account should be negligible.

Once again thanks for taking the time to post.

Am just back off the Xmas cruise which was 14 nights and we had the AI.

We were a family of 2 Ad and 2 Ch, Cost was a couple hundred more than you are paying for all of us.

In hindsight I probably won't get it next time. I only drink lager (and wine with dinner) whilst her indoors has a few cocktails and a few VAT's. The kids of course took advantage of all the soft drinks they wanted.

There is only so much Heineken one can drink and to be honest towards the end it was starting to grate a bit. I don't blame Thomson for that simply my tastes. Heineken is also of course a premium lager at 5% or >. This is a fact I am sure is not lost on Thomson's

All in all I am sure we did not drink anything near up to the value of the package we paid for.

Of course if it is offered as a freebie or knock down price I will consider it but not full price.

Thanks a lot Jim

Don't know about thirsty but you fingers must need a rest after typing that lot.

Your welcome acmar

Not bad for a one fingered typer :D

I think that I am now swaying towards paying for A/I as it does appear that buying individual drinks could well total more then the A/I supplement. In any event if I don't get my moneys worth I cant see how I would be much out of pocket even though my wife's preferred rum is at a supplement.

Mrs acmar must have a similar taste to me acmar..I had a few at the supplement then moved onto to something else.

Surprising how easily drinks bill mounts up even though they are not all alcoholic and the prices are not outrageous-I suppose its the length of the cruise that's doing it. I've got a £200 OBC so if I get the drinks package at least final on board account should be negligible.

Once again thanks for taking the time to post.

I think its worth it but some won`t.If you add your soft drinks/teas/coffees etc to your alcholic drinks its quick in mounting up.

There is only so much Heineken one can drink and to be honest towards the end it was starting to grate a bit. I don't blame Thomson for that simply my tastes

I agree,its not my favourite lager either .

Sorry but I have searched and cannot find what I am looking for.

£1,080 does seem an astronomical amount but it is for 20 nights with quite a few sea days and a thirsty wife.;)

Many thanks

We were on the Dream in November and were lucky to Free AI in the deal. Our final bill came to 70 rounds of various drinks ie, Pints of Lager, Gordons GT, Wines in the restaraunts, . I averaged the drinks at about £8 per round which roughly was £560 . Well worth it.

Thanks Jim, that's very kind of you :)

Happy to help Essexlass2

Spoke to Mrs Jim The Scot

The special cocktail/s of the day really only benefits those that are not on AI as it is selected cocktails that are already on the bar list but at a lower price for non AI..If your AI you`d be getting them for nothing.There is one alcoholic special coctail of the day and one non alcoholic cocktail of the day

3.gif

Happy to help Essexlass.I got a lot of help from the peeps on this forum pre my first Thomson cruise which helped me and mrs a lot and happy to pass on info from our experience.This is what the forums all about.

What date in may are you cruising?

edited...see your away the day we come home

Happy to help Essexlass2

Spoke to Mrs Jim The Scot

The special cocktail/s of the day really only benefits those that are not on AI as it is selected cocktails that are already on the bar list but at a lower price for non AI..If your AI you`d be getting them for nothing.There is one alcoholic special coctail of the day and one non alcoholic cocktail of the day

Although on our cruise last October, there was at least 1 cocktail of the day that was not on the AI list (it was at a supplement), but once it was cocktail of the day, it was then free that day for us on AI.

Know what you mean and thats where this forum sadly lacks in a PM function..

It is surprising that the bar list for the Dream is not to be found on this forum.A few other Thomson ship bar lists eg Destiny have been on here

From experience its more than doeable...

Top price for a 7 day cruise is £396 per party

Heres the bar list from our cruise in June 2011 with the 2011 supplements.The prices went up the day we disembarked.I m sure I read on here the draught beer rose to £3-50 a pint and cocktails to £4-25/50

Draught free on AI

John Smiths

Strongbow

Heineken

Can/Bottled 330ml (carried a supplement of £1-90)

Becks

Fosters

Kronenbourg

Heineken

Budweiser

Coroona

Bass Ale

Can/bottled 550ml (carried a supplement£1-90)

Guinness

John Smiths extra smooth

Newcastle Brown Ale

Can/bottled Cider

Bulmers (586ml)suppl £2-50

Strongbow (440ml)suppl £1-90

Whisky free on AI

Sir Edwards

Bells

Cutty sark

Famous Grouse

Jonnie Walker Red

Teachers

J&B

Ballantines

Canadian Club

Old Bushmill

Jim Beam

Whisky (carried a supplement of £1-15)

Jameson

Jack Daniels

Jonnie Walker Black Label

Glenmorangie

Chivas regal

Macallen

GIN FREE ON AI

London Gin

Beffeater

Gordons

Bombay Sapphire

Tanqueray

Vodka

Akademicka

Moskovskaya

Stolichnaya

Smirnoff

Absolut(suppl £1-15)

Absolut Citron(suppl £1-15)

Rum

Castillo Silver

Bacardi

Bacardi Lemon

Bacardi Dark

Myers(suppl £1-15)

Captain Morgan(suppl £1-15)

Other Spirits

Aztec Silver tequila

Tequila

Tequila Gold

Grappa

Kirschwasser

Malibu

Liqueurs

Baileys(suppl £1-15)

Southern Comfort(suppl £1-15)

Tia Maria

Amaretto

Kahlua

Drambuie

Frangelico

Cherry Brandy

Fernet Branca

Advocaat

Cointreau

Galliano

Grand Marnier

Jagermeister

Apricot Brandy

Sambuca

Brandy

Bardinet Napolean

Fundador

Metaxa Five Star

Martell VS(suppl £1-30)

Hennessy VS(suppl £1-30)

Cardenal Mendoza(suppl £1-70)

Martell VSOP(suppl £2-30)

Hennessy VSOP(suppl £2-30)

Armagnac(suppl £2-30)

Remy Martin XO(suppl £8-80)

There are 29 Cocktails and only 7 carried a supplement which was £1-15

Theres are 3 frozen cocktails and 7 virgin cocktails=no supplement

There are 7 aperitifs=no supplement

There are 6 ports/sherrys=no supplement

White wine,Red wine,Rose Wine by the glass=no supplement

Sparkling wine =carried a supplement £1-15

Juices(200ml)

Orange

tomato

grapefruit

cranberry(supplement £0-95)

Soft Drinks (330ml)

Coca Cola

Diet Coke

Fanta

Diet Fanta

Sprite

Diet Sprite

Ginger Ale

Soda Water

Bitter Lemon

Tonic

Slimline Tonic Water

Still/Sparkling water(supplement £0.80 500ml,£1.40 1,5L)

Perrier(supplement £1.15)

Red Bull(supplement £2.15)

Hot Beverages

Espresso

Americano

Cappuccino

Cafe` Latte

Cafe Mocha

Cafe Frappe

Instand Coffee

Decaffeinated Coffee

Hot Chocolate

Teas(various)

There are 6 Liqueur Coffees all carried supplement of £1.00

I do not think there will be any changes to the drinks that carry the supplement( apart from price)or the drinks list that is available as whole as its been the same for our last two cruises

Geez I`m thirsty now :D

If you have any questions acmar just ask.

Thanks for the bar list, we are going on the celebration but I'm sure the bar list won't be much different from this one.:)

Archived