Crown Review - Dec 31 to Jan 7

Modeen

Thanks so much for the info, Chris! We plan to be on the ship as soon as they allow new passengers to board, so hopefully we'll be able to take part in this. Do you know if there's any way to find out what the menu will be ahead of time? Online, perhaps?

The menu and wine selection might vary dependind on the Chef and Maitre d', but here's what DH and I enjoyed last January on the Island Princess:

Blue Crab Margarita with Avocado and Mango

Pinette with Goat Cheese and Ricotta

Braised Escargots in Vol-aus-Vent

Roasted New Potatoes with Sour Cream and Caviar

Asparagus Risotto with Lobster Tail and Claw

Lip-Smackin' Bloody Mary Sorbet

Trio of Beef, Veal, & Pork Tenderloin on Medieval Spiked Flambe Roaster

with Pan juices, Salsa Verde, Bearnaise Sauce & Cafe de Paris Butter

Whipped Potatoes, Premium Vegetables, Cherry Tomato

Potted Stilton with Port Wine & Walnuts

Rosemary Biscotti

Soft-Center Chocolate Fallon Cake, Whiskey-Soaked Raspberries Brandy Snap Tuile

Coffee or Tea

Chef Michael's Homemade Gourmandises

Wines served with each course:

Heidsieck & Co. Monopole Blue

Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio

Ferrari-Carano Merlot

Errazuriz Late Harvest Sauvignon Blanc

Bon Appetit!

Chris

The menu and wine selection might vary dependind on the Chef and Maitre d', but here's what DH and I enjoyed last January on the Island Princess:

Blue Crab Margarita with Avocado and Mango

Pinette with Goat Cheese and Ricotta

Braised Escargots in Vol-aus-Vent

Roasted New Potatoes with Sour Cream and Caviar

Asparagus Risotto with Lobster Tail and Claw

Lip-Smackin' Bloody Mary Sorbet

Trio of Beef, Veal, & Pork Tenderloin on Medieval Spiked Flambe Roaster

with Pan juices, Salsa Verde, Bearnaise Sauce & Cafe de Paris Butter

Whipped Potatoes, Premium Vegetables, Cherry Tomato

Potted Stilton with Port Wine & Walnuts

Rosemary Biscotti

Soft-Center Chocolate Fallon Cake, Whiskey-Soaked Raspberries Brandy Snap Tuile

Coffee or Tea

Chef Michael's Homemade Gourmandises

Wines served with each course:

Heidsieck & Co. Monopole Blue

Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio

Ferrari-Carano Merlot

Errazuriz Late Harvest Sauvignon Blanc

Bon Appetit!

Chris

That sounds incredible! Will definitely have to mention this to my husband...it sounds right up his alley. Thanks so much for all the info :D

We liked the wake noise. We never had a problem sitting out on the balcony and talking. It's kind of relaxing - hope you feel the same way.

I don't know if the cabin stewards stay in the same area or if they move, but if you have Ray, he's delightful. And such a hard worker.

Hope you have a wonderful time!!

thanks for the review, do you remember if they were offering a "wine package" which offered several bottles of wine at reduced prices and you could have one of your bottles brought to dinner each nite ?? We're on the Crown 2/18, thanx, mike

thanks for the review, do you remember if they were offering a "wine package" which offered several bottles of wine at reduced prices and you could have one of your bottles brought to dinner each nite ?? We're on the Crown 2/18, thanx, mike

yes they offered that...we didn't have it but others at our table did

Just a quick note to say, we are on the Crown at the moment and there is no sign of the noro. The staff are lovely and couldn't do enough for you. I'm in a wheelchair and as soon as we want to get on or off of the ship, one of the wheelchair helpers takes over from my mum or dad and wheels me up and down the ramp. Also embarkation was very good and plenty of people to help out.

Just a quick note to say, we are on the Crown at the moment and there is no sign of the noro. The staff are lovely and couldn't do enough for you. I'm in a wheelchair and as soon as we want to get on or off of the ship, one of the wheelchair helpers takes over from my mum or dad and wheels me up and down the ramp. Also embarkation was very good and plenty of people to help out.

Thanks for taking the time to post. Can't wait to hear more. Enjoy your cruise!!! Are you doing Southern or Western Caribbean?

Thanks for taking the time to post. Can't wait to hear more. Enjoy your cruise!!! Are you doing Southern or Western Caribbean?

We have done Grand Cayman, Belize City, Roatan, Princess Cays, Cozumel, Curacao and Aruba today. We now have two days at sea and arrive back in Ft Lauderdale on Saturday and fly to London Heathrow.

Thanks, everyone, for your kind comments.

There were a couple of questions about the Chef's Table. Our Maitre'D was Neville - he was very professional but also a lot of fun. Someone else posted his last name but I don't remember it. The charge was $95 per person for the meal - and we all decided it was well worth it. Someone else asked if you know the menu ahead of time. We asked that question when we went to the meeting about the Chef's Table, and we were told that they like to keep it a surprise. Neville joked that this way they can get rid of leftovers :) Our menu was very similar to the one posted above but with a few variations.

This was our menu for the night:

Tuna Tartare with Wasabi, pickled ginger in Belgian endive

Foie Gras Terrine on Brioche, stone fruit chutney

Roasted Red New Potatoes with Caviar and sour cream

Tempura Coconut Shrimps with Thai Sauce

Bistro Mini Quicke with Sundried Cherry Tomatoes

Risotto with Lobster and Asparagus

Lip Smakin' Bloody Mary Sorbet

Roast Veal Shank, Veal Tenderloin, Lobster Thermador

Carved table side with Forest Mushrooms, reduced pan jus, assorted fresh vegetables, and roast chateaux potatoes

Potted Stilton with Port Wine and Walnuts, Rosemary Biscotti

Iced Amaretto Parfait, Florentines Tuiles, Whiskey Soaked Raspberries

Chef Jeremy Snowden's Homemade Mignardises

The first 5 items were served in the kitchen as we met with the chef. We also had champagne in the kitchen while enjoying the appetizers. There was both white and red wine served during different courses of the dinner. And when they served the sorbet, they poured vodka over the sorbet - very interesting. One gentleman had mostly vodka! I have some pictures of some of the meal, but haven't tried to upload pix to this forum yet. If you're interested, let me know and I could email them to you.

And I'd definitely do this again - or try the Ultimate Balcony Dinner.

Mo

Archived