Need Help - FLL Hotel - Park during cruise

KimberleyFL

Hi everyone.

I've been reading a lot of information on these boards, but really haven't narrowed it down to my needs (there is sooo much info).

My husband and I are driving to FLL the day before our 11 day cruise on the Zuiderdam (2/27).

I'm looking for a hotel near the port (for taxi reasons) where we can stay one night pre-cruise and park at the hotel for the duration of the cruise.

I've looked on parksleepandfly and stay123 websites. They are much more expensive than I see posts where other people are getting really nice hotels for $100 or less. Cheapest is $149, except for the Days Inn ($119 but bad reviews).

What are the good park and cruise hotels near the port? Where do I look to get a better price, or is the high price due to the time of year (busy time)?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

P.S. It doesn't have to be on the beach.

Unfortunately, you're traveling during peak season so you're going to see elevated prices.

Have you tried Tripadvisor.com for reviews?

Thank you. I was wondering if the prices were high due to the date of the cruise.

I found an even better price, 115 total, for the Days Inn Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Airport South, 2601 N 29th Avenue, on their website with advance purchase. I called them and they said that I will get free parking even though the website doesn't have a price for 'park and stay'. The attendant said that all I have to do is tell them at check-in that we want to park for the duration of the cruise (up to 14 days).

I'm going to look into more reviews. Maybe the bad reviews were for a different days inn.

Has anyone stayed here? Do you know what restaurants are near by? Do you know how much a taxi costs to get back to the hotel from the port. Hotel only has free shuttle to the port.

I went to trip advisor and looked at reviews for this hotel. There are very good reviews. The bad reviews I saw somewhere must have been for a different hotel. I think I'm going to book this. It is the best price I've found for this time of year.

Some thoughts for you...

A room WITH 11 days of cruise parking at $149 is NOT high.:rolleyes: Especially in PEAK S FL season. Tha'ts a great deal. Those people you mention who are getting rooms for $100 aren't booking parking with it and/or have chosen spots where I wouldn't leave MY car for that length of time and/or are not looking at the same date you are. If you look for the lowest price, remember the adage....you get what you pay for. Do your research. Make sure you and your car will be safe and secure. ;)

If you decide to go with the Days Inn South, make sure that you have IN WRITING that the 11 nights of parking are included in the rate you agree upon. THat same desk clerk promising you something on the phone, can claim ignorance the day you check in, if he/she is even there. Just cover yourself so you don't get stung with a daily parking rate. Some have a big surprise when they check in and see an additional amount for that "free parking."

Just be a SMART traveler.

Some thoughts for you...

A room WITH 11 days of cruise parking at $149 is NOT high.:rolleyes: Especially in PEAK S FL season. Tha'ts a great deal. Those people you mention who are getting rooms for $100 aren't booking parking with it and/or have chosen spots where I wouldn't leave MY car for that length of time and/or are not looking at the same date you are. If you look for the lowest price, remember the adage....you get what you pay for. Do your research. Make sure you and your car will be safe and secure. ;)

If you decide to go with the Days Inn South, make sure that you have IN WRITING that the 11 nights of parking are included in the rate you agree upon. THat same desk clerk promising you something on the phone, can claim ignorance the day you check in, if he/she is even there. Just cover yourself so you don't get stung with a daily parking rate. Some have a big surprise when they check in and see an additional amount for that "free parking."

Just be a SMART traveler.

Thanks for your comments. I should have been more clear on the price. The $149 is before the tax and fee for website. The total is $171.49. Is this still a good price? I would accept $149 total, but this is not the case.

Thanks for your comments. I should have been more clear on the price. The $149 is before the tax and fee for website. The total is $171.49. Is this still a good price? I would accept $149 total, but this is not the case.

I can't tell you what is a good price for YOU. ;) I think this way....parking at the port is $15 a day. 12 days..they count the first and last days..equals $180. For parking alone. Find a nice hotel in a safer location where your car won't likely be vandalized. To me that $149 rate is darn good. All hotels have the taxes which you can't avoid. A flat rate. So that's always a given. But added in you are still less than parking alone at the port. And you have a chance for a good night's sleep pre cruise.

What do the reviews look like for the hotels you are looking at? Find them on tripadvisor.com and read recent ones. I think I have read about the Days Inn you mention here. Check out reviews. You might have found something suitable. Any hotels offered in the Dania Beach area? There are several there that are nice,newer and recommended here. Not sure of the parking tho. And that area is safe. Places like Cambria Suites?

Archived