First Time Cruiser with so Many questions...

Beachgirlohio

We are excessive vacationers but have never been on a cruise. Sailing on an April Southern Caribbean trip on Summit. Here is a few from my long list. PS- Thank you to all of you for taking time to help us! I am a huge trip advisor/yelp follower but the cruise critic community is AMAZING! You make me excited everyday when I read all of your posts!!!

1. Husband's birthday is 4/15 which is our first and only all day at Sea. I am thinking of reservations at La Normandie. My other option is Quisine. Thoughts?

2. Aqua Spa- We are booking the Aqua Class and I know you get access to the Perusian Gardens (sp?). If husband and I go to Spa together, can we do hot tubs, steam rooms, etc together or are these facilities seperate for women and men?

3. Room: Our room is 9074. I know pool deck is above us but that is where most of the new aqua class rooms are located. Other option is to do the Sunrise deck but the rooms are not central to the ship and I am nervous to get sea sick. Should we be doing Aqua class or just upgrade to a Sky Suite? We liked Aqua for Blu.

4. Looking for Restaurants in Walking distance of La Concha Hotel in San Juan. I will also post this on that board as well.

5. Wireless- I believe I read that the Summit has Wi-Fi. Is this correct? Wondering if I can take my lap top and pay some daily charge for connection from my room?

Thank you so much in advance for sharing your thoughts!!!!

We are excessive vacationers but have never been on a cruise. Sailing on an April Southern Caribbean trip on Summit. Here is a few from my long list. PS- Thank you to all of you for taking time to help us! I am a huge trip advisor/yelp follower but the cruise critic community is AMAZING! You make me excited everyday when I read all of your posts!!!

1. Husband's birthday is 4/15 which is our first and only all day at Sea. I am thinking of reservations at La Normandie. My other option is Quisine. Thoughts?

2. Aqua Spa- We are booking the Aqua Class and I know you get access to the Perusian Gardens (sp?). If husband and I go to Spa together, can we do hot tubs, steam rooms, etc together or are these facilities seperate for women and men?

3. Room: Our room is 9074. I know pool deck is above us but that is where most of the new aqua class rooms are located. Other option is to do the Sunrise deck but the rooms are not central to the ship and I am nervous to get sea sick. Should we be doing Aqua class or just upgrade to a Sky Suite? We liked Aqua for Blu.

4. Looking for Restaurants in Walking distance of La Concha Hotel in San Juan. I will also post this on that board as well.

5. Wireless- I believe I read that the Summit has Wi-Fi. Is this correct? Wondering if I can take my lap top and pay some daily charge for connection from my room?

Thank you so much in advance for sharing your thoughts!!!!

I"ll give my opinoin on a couple;

Definitely Normandie instead of Qsine for a romantic birthday dinner; assuming that is what you are interested in. Normandie is french/continental "fine dining" with great food and unbeleivable service. I've never been to Qsine but from what I've read it is a "fun" gimmicky kind of place with lots of mixed review of the food.

Haven't been on the Summit but have been on the Constellation 3 times. Yes, the Persian Gardens are "unisex" and you can enjoy the steam bathe, etc together. Actually, I think the Persian Gardens on the M class are much better than on the S class ships. ON the M class they truly have a "Persian" feeling with great tile and decor.

Hopefully, all the the facilities will be in good working order, which was not the case the last time we were on the Connie. I had to demand a refund that cruise as several things were out of order. I'm sure they will be for you.

Can't really help you with the other items but it's a start.

In the past Summit's Wii-Fi has been in central areas only, not in staterooms unless you happened to be near one of the hot spots. But they might be expanding this to staterooms in the current refurbishment under way.

In any event the cost is the same as going online in the ship's internet cafe. Unfortunately it is expensive and cost is by the minute. Rates start at $0.70/minute and you can get discounts for buying bundles of prepaid minutes such as 90 minutes for $50. Service is very slow and spotty as the connection is via satellite and is shared with everyone else using the service at a given point in time. We tend to use it very little because of the cost and very slow connection speed. We just check emails for important messages and that's about it.

Archived