Vegan cruising

mngazer

My husband and I have been vegetarian for about a year. We cruised with Princess in September and had no problem with our diet. We have recently taken our diet to the next level and are following a vegan diet. We are traveling on Carnival this month. Are there any Vegan's out there that can give me some tips on what to look for at their buffets that I may miss? Is there anything I should plan on packing and taking with me? Does Carnival offer soy or rice milk? Thanks for your help!

You might check with the special needs department at Carnival. They may be able to help you with meals. I know there is ONE vegitarian meal on the menu in the dining room each night. You can also see what the sides are for the regular meals and order just those- such as mac & chees, etc.

There is a deli on the ships, open from 11am until 11pm. They have good grilled cheese sandwiches and I think portabella mushroom & cheese sandwiches.

Thanks for the replies. Just wondering where to find the tips on the Carnival boards! There are so many!

We do plan on checking in with Head Waiter when we go to dinner. And we have seen the veggie options available daily. Just wondering about the soy milk or non dairy creamer. We will adjust accordingly but really want to be able to enjoy our trip without searching for things we can eat and enjoy!

Use the search function for 'vegan' and start wading. Stick with the more recent as there has been a menu change. The older posts will give you some good advice about mixing and matching. IIRC Carnival does carry soy milk and you do need to ask for it.

You might check with the special needs department at Carnival. They may be able to help you with meals. I know there is ONE vegitarian meal on the menu in the dining room each night. You can also see what the sides are for the regular meals and order just those- such as mac & chees, etc.

There is a deli on the ships, open from 11am until 11pm. They have good grilled cheese sandwiches and I think portabella mushroom & cheese sandwiches.

Vegetarian is not Vegan. Vegans don't eat any animal products. Not even Worchestershire sauce which has Anchovies in it.

Yes they have soy milk and they will special prepare somethings for you. I would talk to special needs before hand and go see the Maitre' D when you board the ship. They will usually go over the menu with you each evening for the next day.

Right you are Janey, and Joe and I don't eat cheeses and any milk products. I have been reading the Vegan posts and am finding some helpful info. I am pretty good with being creative with what they put out on the salad bar and side dishes. Our diet is not going to be a big bummer on this trip. We cannot wait to go and will make do. We are not vegan due to ethical reasons but more health issues (Although we are very disgusted by a lot of what we have found about how animals are treated and slaughtered). For this reason alone, I think we are a little more flexible than some.

Thanks for your help and input!

Does anyone know if the Miracle menus are on line somewhere?

My step sister is Vegan for ethical reasons and rarely even frequents restaurants that serve dead animal carcasses as she puts it....:rolleyes:

But it's her lifestyle and I know it's easier to cruise now than it ever has been, and many of the head chefs on Carnival are from India so they have some really yummy Vegan options for you.

I don't really remember if they have non-dairy creamer on the ships or not, but you might try taking some along from this website... http://www.minimus.biz/default.aspx I travel with salad dressings and stuff like that......

Archived