New Royal Palm Entrance Fee

Thebox

Visited Royal Palm during our Christmas Cruise. They now charge $2 pp to enter. The guard at the entrance said the charge was "today only", the Manager (who I asked since I had not heard of an entrance fee prior to the cruise) said they've been charging an entrance fee for 3 months. Obviously not a tremendous amount of money, but thought I'd post the info since it was 'new news' for me.

Thanks for the info, we are looking at going to Royal Palm in MArch. There are 6 adults. Did you enjoy it, was it crowded? How was the food priced? Debating abour reserving the cabana. I guess if you spend $100 on food/beverage it's free. Thanks for any information you can pass along!

We were there last week. I avoided it for years - paying all sorts of resort fees at different hotels - but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and I would go back. The beach chairs were not jammed together - the Marriott was far worse. The food was good, the bathrooms were clean. The beach chairs are hard plastic, and because of high winds the water sport guy was closed so we couldn't rent mats to put on chairs. People stay for a few hours and leave so it wasn't very crowded before 11 or after 1. I didn't notice any shade if that is a concern. There were van taxis available at departure and a well stocked beach store. The pool area is small and it looks nicer in the photos.

mommiemud, I agree with MLevine. Royal Palms is a nice place to spend some beach time in Grand Cayman. To answer your question about the food, once they fire up the grill for lunch it's hard to resist (smells great!) and the prices seem fair considering it's Grand Cayman. While we only had hamburgers, they were good and I felt the area was clean. While it does get busy, we've always arrived in the morning (about 10) and never had a problem finding chairs. It doesn't seem to get crowded until lunchtime. We've tried Sea Grape as well and it was also nice (same beach, just a little further than Royal Palm.) I just thought the food/facilities were a bit nicer at Royal Palm. Love Grand Cayman. Enjoy your day!

I love the Royal Palms. I would definately pay the fee.

We had the best day in the Caymans. Off the Valor, we arrived pretty early and was able to get front row lounges.

We did have lunch. You can't resist the smell of grilled burgers. And it was pretty expensive. But, that's the Caymans for you. We knew this going in and were prepared for the prices.

I would take the Royal Palms over Calico Jacks anyday.

• 7 months later...
I guess if you spend $100 on food/beverage it's free.

Is that true? I thought it was $50 for the rental and they ask you spend $50 on food. If it's $100 for food/beverages then the cabana is free, WOO HOO because I know we'll spend that - no problem.

Archived