Itinerary Change: Need to book a dive quick in Costa Maya

jt_83

It appears that I am a victim of the Carnival Glory itinerary change. I was set to dive in Belize and now I'm going to Costa Maya instead. Can anyone recommend a dive operator? I prefer not to dive the cattle boats with Carnival.

Thanks.

Yes, the best is Gypsea Divers just down from Cuarenta Canones Hotel. Ask for Catherine and said Laurie and Russ sent you. Just dove with them last week and we're going back for a two-week stay later this year.

Forgot, they are on Facebook.

Thanks Laurie for the response. I was booked with Sea Sports in Belize (I had read before that you liked them as well) and was really looking forward to diving with them, but not too much I can do about these last minute changes.

I would second Maya Palms. I had my dives scrubbed with them back in 07 when the hurricane took out Costa Maya. But I did my homework and they have a great reputation and also if you are going there with non-divers they can use the resort and what not at a reduced rate. Both Maya Palms and Bonne Terre Mine in Missouri are on my list

Thunder

• 2 weeks later...

Maya Palms is great. They are very professional and have good equipment. Have dived with them twice. Reef is only about a 5 minute boat ride. Diving in Costa Maya is much better than Belize. You are lucky they changed your itinerary. The resort is nice with a pool and restaurant.

Archived