Booking specialty dining on the Star

capriciousc

Hello all!

It seems as though I cannot book any of the specialty restaurants on the Star before boarding - is that correct? (We are not staying in a suite, if that makes a difference). If it is true that we can't book until we board, is there a central location onboard where such bookings can be made, or do we need to go to the restaurant in question? We'd like to book a special birthday dinner for our daughter, so I'd like to make sure I have a strategy in place :)

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide!

Hello all!

It seems as though I cannot book any of the specialty restaurants on the Star before boarding - is that correct? (We are not staying in a suite, if that makes a difference). If it is true that we can't book until we board, is there a central location onboard where such bookings can be made, or do we need to go to the restaurant in question? We'd like to book a special birthday dinner for our daughter, so I'd like to make sure I have a strategy in place :)

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide!

Your right, you can't book any restaurants in advance on the STAR, currently only some of the activities/dinners on the EPIC can be booked in advance.

Since you don't have use of the concierge services, I sugguest you head to the desk in the Atrium area once you board the ship....it's at one end of the main desk, they should have all the menus there and you can make your reservations there.

No one can make reservations for restaurants prior to boarding regardless of cabin category. The only ship that allows that is the EPIC. On the Sun last Jan. we were able to book these in the atrium. There was a desk set up for this purpose. I think there are other places you can book also and hopefully someone will chime in with those. We only booked one but were able to do it the day before dining there with no problems (of course we are early diners) for 5:30pm.

Archived