Favorite Radiance Class Ship

What is your favorite radiance class ship?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite radiance class ship?

• Radiance of the Seas
    • Jewel of the Seas
    • Brilliance of the Seas
    • Serenade of the Seas

I would like to know which is the best ship of the Radiance Class? I am already planning my next cruise (even though I have even taken my first royal caribbean cruise) and would like to know everyones opinion. I was considering the Freedom of the Seas too- but will have already done the Western caribbean route - so what is everyone's thought as to the next cruise we should try. I would like to try the southern caribbean or even perhaps the panama canal and costa rica- have heard this is beautiful. as for the time of year- would like to try october or november. or looking also possibly beginning of june for my daughter's graduation in 2007. might also be able to do one in latter part of 2006 also. thanks for any helpful hints.

Hello Ocean Pines. . .

Have a lotta friends in O.P. Used to work at Ocean Downs several years ago. Still go to my dentist in Berlin. Now living near D.C. We cruised on the Magic a while ago, and on the Brilliance in January on the Ultimate Southern Carribean. We enjoyed the Brilliance so much that we booked her again for Panama next January. Of all the ships in our signature below, Brilliance is at the top of our list. The Magic was fun, but the Brilliance was the best. Oh, yes, get a D1 balcony.

I haven't been on any of them but will go on the Serenade in June. All the ratings I've seen have the Serenade at 4 1/2 stars and the others at 4 stars. I can't imagine what would make the difference. If anyone knows, let us in on it.

I am partial to the Jewel of the Seas (notwithstanding the recent problem with bugs.) She's beautifully laid out, elegantly decorated and the staff were simply wonderful on our February cruise. Our sailing was fully booked but the ship never seemed crowded. We never waited in line and always found a deck chair or a seat at the black jack table.

• 3 weeks later...

for our 2nd cruise, we were on the jewel. we thought it was elegant, large enough, and had no complaints. while onboard we booked a cruise for next december on the serenade. after that cruise i will have been on 2 radience class ships and let you know my opinion

I haven't been on any of them but will go on the Serenade in June. All the ratings I've seen have the Serenade at 4 1/2 stars and the others at 4 stars. I can't imagine what would make the difference. If anyone knows, let us in on it.

I think this depends on whose doing the review. The "cruise critic reviews" have the Jewel at 5 "waves" and the Serenade at 4 1/2 waves.

• 3 weeks later...

Have only sailed on Serenade. No complaints--beautiful ship. Sailed late Aug of 2004 to Alaska. We thought the food was better than average as RCI ships go. I think in general, though, that the Radiance class ships are pretty similar from what I have read here. Enjoy your cruise!

The Radiance was my first ever cruise, and I've been on her twice, but I have to give a slight edge to the Jewel. They are so similar, but I loved the giraffes in the entry way to the Safari lounge and the life sized sculptures of people at the Solarium pool and miniature golf course. I did prefer the artwork on the stairways on the Radiance, though.

Archived