HELP! Airfare !!!!

Sarpy1

Southwest posts its sales on Tuesday. I just got an email from them. The sales don't usually include weekends but we were lucky enough that it did.
And don't forget....waiting for a "sale" means you are hoping that the sale fits ALL of these criteria:

1. Applies to the city-pair market you wish to fly
  2. Applies to the dates you wish to fly
  3. Applies to the specific flights that you wish to fly
  4. Has inventory available for your entire party
  5. Is actually less expensive than alternatives from other carriers.

Quite the exacta, IMHO.

figured I'd wait until Tuesday (today) when prices often are the lowest. Cost me about $200.
Quote without comment.

Not entirely correct. Saturday, Tues & Wednesday are generally the least busy (and cheapest) days.
VERY true. But remember, that's referring to the day of the week for TRAVEL, not for purchase. This "day of the week" differential is often found in the fare rules published by airlines.

:confused: I was wondering what website offers the best deals on airfare. We are booked on the Freedom, March 10th-18th and leaving out of Ft Lauderdale. I live in Omaha Ne. and we will be flying in on the 9th. Airfare is so expensive right now, I was wondering what website you found to be the best! :)

Book direct with airline website always cheeper

:rolleyes:just wanted to say thanks for all the advice you gave me on airfare. After searching many websites and carriers, we were able to find airfare and transfer fees from Miami to Fort Lauderdale for what one ticket would have been. You guys are great !!!:)

:rolleyes: Just wanted to say thanks for all the advice you gave me on airfare. we were able to find a great deal going into Miami. With the airfaire and transfer fees, we were able to book them both for what it would have cost me for one airfare. Now I can't wait until March 10th gets here so we can start a much needed vacation!!! Thanks again, you guys are great !!:p

Archived