St maarten help

SDJen

I could use some opinions. We are on an Eastern Magic cruise next month. From what I can tell, we should be in port from about 8 am to 6:30 PM. We are booked on a beach excursion through Disney from 1:30 to 4:30.

1. Is there anything close to the pier that would be interesting to a 6 year old? Or, anything fairly close that is worth seeing?

2. Is the butterfly farm close? Worth it??

3. Do we tender or dock at this port?

4. If we do get off and do something prior to the time of the excursion, do we have to get back on the ship or can we meet on the pier?

I may just shop in the morning but dont want to miss anything fun if there are any options for my daughter to see. How is the shopping at the pier?

Thanks in advance for any help!

I could use some opinions. We are on an Eastern Magic cruise next month. From what I can tell, we should be in port from about 8 am to 6:30 PM. We are booked on a beach excursion through Disney from 1:30 to 4:30.

1. Is there anything close to the pier that would be interesting to a 6 year old? Or, anything fairly close that is worth seeing?

2. Is the butterfly farm close? Worth it??

3. Do we tender or dock at this port?

4. If we do get off and do something prior to the time of the excursion, do we have to get back on the ship or can we meet on the pier?

I may just shop in the morning but dont want to miss anything fun if there are any options for my daughter to see. How is the shopping at the pier?

Thanks in advance for any help!

We cruised in Dec. and while in St Maarten we booked with Bernards Tours.If you go to his Web site he has a number of tours you can take.The one tour we went on we stopped by a off the road house which had Iguanas running around and you were able to feed them bananas by hand.The other advantage if you go with his tour, he has the schedule of when the planes come in that day.The only thing you might want to consider is that one of the stops is a nude beach, you might want to blind fold the 6 year old.The only thing is the time table you have with your other ships tour.

Regarding if there is anything for a six year old to do near the pier, not really.

The ships dock, no tender

You don't have to get back on the ship, it depends what kind of plans you have and your time schedule.

As far as shopping, shopping at the pier is OK, you may want to take a cab to the main shopping area in town which is called Front Street.

The other option is to see if you can cancel the ship tour and book with Bernard, which he also takes you to the beach.

Check out his Web site:

www.bernardstours.com

Hope this helped you out.

The other thing is go to the Roll call for your cruise/ship and date and see what the other people are doing .This is a good way to exchange ideas and find people with the same interests and if you get enough people, you can get a group discount.

Archived