Decorations

WDrake_98

I was wondering about decorations.

My wedding colors are plum and platinum (with accents of Champagne and Chocolate)

However, the pictures I have of the Conference room on the Carnival Magic are just horrible blue!

Trying to not over do things, especially on an Embarkment port wedding.

I was thinking of bring pom flower balls to place on the chairs and tulle in my wedding colors to cover the chairs and columns they provide.

I figure I can keep the tulle and give the balls away as gifts.

Has anyone else done anything like this?

Nona

We aren't but I think it sounds like a great idea! My biggest complaint about Carnival has always been that the people who designed the decor of those ships were completely insane! The colors are usually pretty hideous no matter what ship you're on! So jazzing it up with something nice and in your colors would probably help make it look better in pictures and whatnot.

We aren't but I think it sounds like a great idea! My biggest complaint about Carnival has always been that the people who designed the decor of those ships were completely insane! The colors are usually pretty hideous no matter what ship you're on! So jazzing it up with something nice and in your colors would probably help make it look better in pictures and whatnot.

My wedding colors are plum and platinum (with accents of Champagne and Chocolate)

However, the pictures I have of the Conference room on the Carnival Magic are just horrible blue!

I was thinking of bring pom flower balls to place on the chairs and tulle in my wedding colors to cover the chairs and columns they provide.

Nona

You already know what room you will be in?

Hey BridetoBe

Well I've requested those rooms, and just hoping to get them. I've been given no other information saying it would be a problem, however I haven't been given a confirmation that I'll get them.

I know there is one other wedding on the same day as mine, however, I've already booked up most of the cool stuff, 1.5 reception, and video.

Nona

I don't know what Carnival's rules are for real flowers, but just be warned that most ships don't allow real flowers but of course, you can do silk (if you weren't already planning that!).

Another thing I was told (and again, not sure if this is true for Carnival) is I wouldn't be able to know how many tables there would be or the size of the tables. It's actually what made me go with having the wedding in a lounge instead of a dining room. I didn't like the idea of not knowing any of that.

I don't know what Carnival's rules are for real flowers, but just be warned that most ships don't allow real flowers but of course, you can do silk (if you weren't already planning that!).

Another thing I was told (and again, not sure if this is true for Carnival) is I wouldn't be able to know how many tables there would be or the size of the tables. It's actually what made me go with having the wedding in a lounge instead of a dining room. I didn't like the idea of not knowing any of that.

Oh yes, I know about the fake flowers rule. Been searching non stop to find some that I like. Which has been kinda hard as flowers don't photograph very well.

I've found the pom flower balls in paper and fake flowers, but they are still pricey for decorations that'll only be used for 15 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

Nona

I don't mean to sound like a downer by any means. I think adding decor is a nice thing and what you have in mind sounds pretty. However, have you thought about how many things your going to be carrying on board already? And who's going to decorate with these items for you? You won't have time to do it yourself. Your going to be carrying your dress, your bouquet (if doing silk), carry on bags, your wedding song discs or paperwork, any sailing gifts/guest gifts...It adds up to a lot of things to bring aboard. Of course, you can have some of your non-sailing guests help carry these on board for you, but they need to know what to do with them. Decor is one more thing you will have to worry about.

When I planned my wedding on the Dream, I was told any decor/or decorations on the cake I wanted, I had to have someone in my wedding party do it for me. So, my sister in law put my cake decor on the cake and she also sprinkled my silk flower petals over my favor table. My wedding favors were boxed in my wedding colors too, adding more color to the room. Flower petals and favor boxes were easy to carry and was a good way to add my wedding colors to the white linens and to the isle.

Just food for thought. Good luck and congrats on your upcoming wedding!:)

I don't mean to sound like a downer by any means. I think adding decor is a nice thing and what you have in mind sounds pretty. However, have you thought about how many things your going to be carrying on board already? And who's going to decorate with these items for you? You won't have time to do it yourself. Your going to be carrying your dress, your bouquet (if doing silk), carry on bags, your wedding song discs or paperwork, any sailing gifts/guest gifts...It adds up to a lot of things to bring aboard. Of course, you can have some of your non-sailing guests help carry these on board for you, but they need to know what to do with them. Decor is one more thing you will have to worry about.

When I planned my wedding on the Dream, I was told any decor/or decorations on the cake I wanted, I had to have someone in my wedding party do it for me. So, my sister in law put my cake decor on the cake and she also sprinkled my silk flower petals over my favor table. My wedding favors were boxed in my wedding colors too, adding more color to the room. Flower petals and favor boxes were easy to carry and was a good way to add my wedding colors to the white linens and to the isle.

Just food for thought. Good luck and congrats on your upcoming wedding!:)

Hey New2cruisen,

You're not a downer at all. I'm just, as my FI says, excessive.

I don't even wanna say all the things I'm trying to do, but I'm totally living up to my title here.

In terms of decorating, the idea of doing it myself is just not pleasing. Then I'm too obsessive to trust a family member to do it. I was also told by the wedding department that decorations are not recommended.

Nonetheless, I'm going to try and get something done. Hehe. All they can do is say no, and unless I'm breaking some serious customs, or agriculture rule, I'm hoping the cruiseline staff (actually on the ship) won't care.

You know, kinda how it's completely forbidden to bring certain liquids in your check in bags, which would be confiscated if found during the check bags scan, but once/if your bags reach your cabin unharmed, your room steward never cares one big. {wink}

Hey New2cruisen,

You know, kinda how it's completely forbidden to bring certain liquids in your check in bags, which would be confiscated if found during the check bags scan, but once/if your bags reach your cabin unharmed, your room steward never cares one big. {wink}

So glad we're going Princess. You can bring cases of wine on board and no one cares at all.

Oh I had no idea.

I usually bring stronger stuff myself, but I will surely keep them in mind for future cruises.

I should say "wine bottles." What is actually in those bottles is anyones guess. Did you know you can purchase those little shrinky things they put on the tops of wine bottles? Though, I wouldnt know where to get them or what kind of person would ever use them to conceal other types of alcohol.

I should say "wine bottles." What is actually in those bottles is anyones guess. Did you know you can purchase those little shrinky things they put on the tops of wine bottles? Though, I wouldnt know where to get them or what kind of person would ever use them to conceal other types of alcohol.

I sense sarcasm.. and if that's the case.. my e-mail is cmt8185@yahoo.com and I'd love to know where someone (not you, of course) would possibly get these? :cool:

I reseal wine bottles every cruise I've ever gone on and never been caught! :D:D:D

Archived