Celebrity Icy Strait: Whale watch and ziprider

kr9457

While in Icy Strait with Celebrity we are docked from 7-4. Is it doable to do both whale watching and ziplining? Anyone do both? It looks like you can only book the ziprider in the morning so that would only leave the 1:00 whale watching tour.

While in Icy Strait with Celebrity we are docked from 7-4. Is it doable to do both whale watching and ziplining? Anyone do both? It looks like you can only book the ziprider in the morning so that would only leave the 1:00 whale watching tour.
Yes, you should have plenty of time to do both. There are a number of independent vendors offering whale watching excursions there as well.

If you want to go whale watching with one of the independent companies, it is probably best to make reservations in advance because they use small boats that usually fill up quickly.

The ship's whale watching excursions use a much larger boat so usually there is no problem booking with them.

By the way, you may already be aware of this, but you will need to tender (as the ship does not dock) at Icy Strait Point. If your sailaway time is 4 p.m. it means that the last tender will probably leave at 3:30.

I contacted the company that runs the zipline and was told that they will have afternoon openings also once the morning ones fill up. They said by the time I get on the ship there should be afternoon times listed. So I booked the morning FISHES whale watch.

We may decide to do the bike ride / zip line combo since it is only $31 more than the zipline alone.

Celebrity has a whale watching tour at 1:00 and it is suppose to take 2 1/2 hours. Will we be back in time or wouldn't you recommend booking the 1:00 tour. I thought since it was booked with Celebrity it wouldn't be a problem.

Celebrity has a whale watching tour at 1:00 and it is suppose to take 2 1/2 hours. Will we be back in time or wouldn't you recommend booking the 1:00 tour. I thought since it was booked with Celebrity it wouldn't be a problem.
You are absolutely right. If you take Celebrity's whale watching tour, you have nothing to worry about at all. They will get you back in time for the 3:30 tender.

Even if they should be late for some reason, you will have no need to worry because they will run another tender for you and will keep running tenders back and forth if necessary until they have picked up everyone from the excursion. Rest assured that the ship will not leave without you.

P.S. It is fun to ride back to the ship on the last tender and look up to see all the people looking down watching you. Then head up to deck 4 to stand at the rail and watch them raise the tender you just got off.

• 5 months later...
I have booked the 9am Ziplining through Celebrity and will be independently whale-watching with FISHES at 11:30. Has anyone done this and can confirm the timing will work?

Did you inform and confirm this timing with Floyd??????? (FISHES) AND did they agree with it?

Archived