HELP! How different is RC from Carnival? (Monarch of Seas vs. Ecstasy/Fascination)

tonijmccann

Looking for a cruise in May. I've cruised Carnival twice and NCL once, but long ago so I don't remember it as well as Carnival. The cruise ships we have as options for the time/place we want to go for Carnival are the Ecstasy and the Fascination. Our other option is the RC Monarch of the Seas. Which would you recommend? I've heard bad things about the Ecstasy and Fascination and so I'm wondering if we should go with RC? How different is RC cruises from Carnival? We're a 22 and 23 year old couple if that helps!

Looking for a cruise in May. I've cruised Carnival twice and NCL once, but long ago so I don't remember it as well as Carnival. The cruise ships we have as options for the time/place we want to go for Carnival are the Ecstasy and the Fascination. Our other option is the RC Monarch of the Seas. Which would you recommend? I've heard bad things about the Ecstasy and Fascination and so I'm wondering if we should go with RC? How different is RC cruises from Carnival? We're a 22 and 23 year old couple if that helps!

what bad things have you heard?

I will say RCI's cabins are super small like 119 sq ft or something like that for an inside which i always book.

It was still doable but if you are claustrophobic I wouldn't book an inside cabin.

Thought RCI's buffet was better than CCL's. Small cover for Johnny Rockets if the RCI has one. Small charge for room serive after midnight.

RCI ships more pleasing to my eye. YMMV.

Bill

Sailed on Carnival Liberty and Inspiration and I'm not sure how much of a downgrade the other two ships we are considering are because I've heard theyre very old and I've heard negative things. I'm not super picky, I'm sure we'll have fun no matter what.

Liberty is quite new and Inspiration is and oldie but goodie.

What ports? I'd never cruise from Jax or Canaveral because I don't want Bahamas or private island crap.

FTL over MIA any day unless you prefer the itinerary.

Legend from Tampa is best cruise in Florida

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We have been on the Monarch and had a good time. It is very similar to some of the older Carnival ships. The rooms are very small and it seems like they nickel and dime you to death as they charge for a lot of things that Carnival doesn't. Recently, they failed their health department inspection and had to get a redo. They past the redo with a 96.

I want to give the Ecstacy a try since she just moved to Port Canaveral. We have friends that went on her and had a great time. Hope this helps. Have a great cruise on whichever ship you choose.

Archived