Whats still wrong with the Magic--Rockin & Rollig

scperk

I'll be on the Magic in three weeks *yay* so we'll see. I remember being on the Ecstasy my first cruise, and at dinner we left Progreso, I could see the horizon line moving up and down, pretty good, water in the glasses moving etc. It didn't bother me at all, and rocking in the cabin wasn't anything either. When we hit turbulance on the flight coming into Houston last year, the plane bumped along but not any worse than me driving my truck through corn stubble fields. Didn't bother me, but both my friends were visibly upset, along with quite a few other people holding their barf bags. I also have a tendancy to forget we're a ways up in the air, and not jolting along in a pickup LOL But whatever there may have been for motion, I noticed it and it didn't bother me. Can't wait to get on the Magic and see what the fuss is (or isn't) about.

We were on the Magic 11/27/11 sailing in a mid ship cove balcony. We both thought the ship handled the very rough seas amazingly WELL. There were some bumping noises that we determined happened when high waves hit the ship.....or the ship hit high waves. We also heard some creaking noises. But since we were on deck 2, we attributed the sounds to being closer to the water than we are accustomed to being. Overall, considering the rough seas we were in all week, I was VERY MUCH impressed at how smoothly the ship rode, to the point that I commented on it several times that week. There was definitely some serious vibration in the aft dining room at times, but nothing that caused a problem. As has been stated, thrusters have nothing to do with how the ship rides while moving forward. They make the ship move sideways for docking.

For what it's worth, this was my 16th Carnival cruise, and I have cruised on 5 classes of ships. Magic handled rough seas better than any other ship I've been on. Can't wait to board her again in April! :)

I was on the 1/1-1/8 cruise as well, and there were some weird sounds for sure - almost sounded like a prop out of balance or something. but went away before we reached MoBay, so its not like it really was something mechanical.

DD wasn't feeling well Monday morning - combination of getting over a cold (probably a touch of fluid in the ears), the seas, and being in the upper bunk, which is weird since its from the ceiling, and thus two 90 deg movable joints (at the ceiling, and where the bunk folds from the bracket).

Finally got some Meclizine and ginger ale in her, and she was fine.

Disembarking was frustrating as there was no priority given to those of us who still had a shot at making flights... its not like the ship never comes in late, this was what, 3 out of the last 4?

Great ship, great time, can't wait to sail the Breeze. Just not sure about Funship 2.0. Think it may be a step backwards...

Kevin

Archived