Pineapple juice

kdoc84

My fiancee is very fond of Malibu rum mixed with pineapple juice. I was going to surprise her with a bottle of Malibu from Bon Voyage but I wasn't sure about the pineapple juice. Could I bring some on with us? I'm thinking buying some small containers/cans of it since I don't think a large container would keep very well in the fridge from what I've heard about their lackluster ability to keeps things cold. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Bring on small containers~ the only place to get it free is in the MDR for breakfast~ it's not offered on the room service menu and the Lido doesn't carry it~you could buy a soda card and get it at bars for free but I think it would be easier to bring it~

You can get pineapple juice from a bar- for a cost (buy a soda card and its included)

or go to the main dining room at breakfast. (ask for a small carafe and keep it in the fridge.

You will not find pineapple juice at the buffet or for room service.

you can also pick some up in the ports you will be visiting

My fiancee is very fond of Malibu rum mixed with pineapple juice. I was going to surprise her with a bottle of Malibu from Bon Voyage but I wasn't sure about the pineapple juice. Could I bring some on with us? I'm thinking buying some small containers/cans of it since I don't think a large container would keep very well in the fridge from what I've heard about their lackluster ability to keeps things cold. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

are you driving or flying to the port. that might make a difference too

what's a pineapple upside down martini? what ever it is, it has fruit so it must be good for you. ;)

It is delicious is what it is!

I'll make them for my girlfriends when we have get togethers. Everyone loves them. Ideally you make them with vanilla vodka, amaretto, and pineapple juice. Tastes just like pineapple upside down cake (put a cherry in the bottom of your martini glass). I wing it on the ship though with my Bon Voyage stuff unless some vanilla vodka happens to fall into my luggage somehow...

I'll make them for my girlfriends when we have get togethers. Everyone loves them. Ideally you make them with vanilla vodka, amaretto, and pineapple juice. Tastes just like pineapple upside down cake (put a cherry in the bottom of your martini glass). I wing it on the ship though with my Bon Voyage stuff unless some vanilla vodka happens to fall into my luggage somehow...

well since I am so close, I will consider myself invited to your next girl get together!! LOL Im going to have to try this for sure!!

kdoc- sorry for the sidebar but maybe your fiancee will like this too! :D

well since I am so close, I will consider myself invited to your next girl get together!! LOL Im going to have to try this for sure!!

kdoc- sorry for the sidebar but maybe your fiancee will like this too! :D

Come on over! We will likely get together this weekend to say goodbye to a friend. This duty station is the worst thing for my poor liver LOL

But yeah, OP, just buy a 6 pack of the little cans. Depending on your ports, you may or may not be able to replenish your stock at port, but you can always get a little from the MDR in the morning.

are you driving or flying to the port. that might make a difference too

We are flying in the night before and will have a rental car for that night/next morning. Looks like the easiest thing will be to grab a package of the small cans that morning before turning in the car and bringing that with us.

Thanks everyone for the responses! And no worries about the thread hijack! She may like that drink too!

• 4 weeks later...

I did this the last cruise. I purchased malibu from BV. Then I brought on 6 cans of Pineapple Juice & 6 bottles of Cranberry Juice (under 20 ozs ea). I was able to mix it up! Plus my DH purchased a Soda Card & everyone once in a while he would get me the Fruit Juice.. Don't flame me for him getting it for me. LOL...

I sail again in a few weeks.. already purchased my Malibu! I will bring PJ & CB juice on again!

Happy Sailing!

Sue

"Ideally you make them with vanilla vodka, amaretto, and pineapple juice. Tastes just like pineapple upside down cake (put a cherry in the bottom of your martini glass)."

I use Liquor 43 instead of amaretto, less almond and more pound cake flavor. Totally yummy!

I am bringing a dole six pack of small cans...not carrying soda...just juices

I don`t mind paying $1.95 for a soda for a mixer

The OJ on lido is ok for mixing...just not that good as a screwdriver...but add pineapple...it works

I just HATE how that happens sometimes! ;)

Archived