Half Moon Cay Eco Lagoon Tour

nursenan

Any feedback on this tour. Does it take you around the island? Most of the reviews under the Carnival shore excursion list for this tour don't give very good reviews and say it is not worth the money. Thanks for any info.

Any feedback on this tour. Does it take you around the island? Most of the reviews under the Carnival shore excursion list for this tour don't give very good reviews and say it is not worth the money. Thanks for any info.

We took this tour in July 2010. Nothing terribly exciting about it. You get on a "dirty plastic bottomed" boat, that cruises around the lagoon. You will see some fish, and the tour guide will point out things along the shore, such as a replica Arawak village (you don't land, you just look at it from the boat 50 yards off shore), and mangroves. We did see a moving dark spot about 30 yards from the boat, that was alleged to be a shark. All that being said, I will state that the tour guide was good, it was the lousy boat driver who was not, and caused a lot of the disappointment. The boat had to be maneuvered over things to see them through the bottom, but every time she put the boat in reverse, the prop would send a flood of bubbles under the boat, which by the time they cleared, you had drifted off again.

Overall, I would not recommend this excursion. Keep in mind that I try to be upbeat about tours, and find the good points in them. This one however, didn't do it for me. I won't go as far as saying don't take it, but I will say, don't expect a lot from it. On a scale of 1-10 I would rate it as about a 4 or maybe a 5. Oh, I will reiterate, we took this excursion 18 months ago. I may have changed since then.

Archived