Is embarkation any different (helpful benefits?) for C & A members

fuego5

We will be arriving as 2 groups of 4 on FOS on 2/5/12; in each group, only one of us is a C & A member (Gold.) Are the procedures any different upon embarkation as far as "special" lines, waiting areas, etc and if so, for everyone in the group or just the two of us who are already members? In addition to that, any on-ship benefits as far as gatherings, drinks, discounts? I apologize for my lack of knowledge, this is my second cruise and still learning the ropes! ;)

There are no special embarkation lines for Gold members. This benefit kicks in for Platinum and above. In some ports, it can be a very nice benefit. In others, there's really no difference - the lines are short anyway. In fact, there have been times that we've headed to a special C&A line, and someone we've met who's taken a regular line has beat us onboard.

When you do qualify, you'll have no problem taking someone who is traveling with you through the line.

There will be a repeat cruiser party since you are taking a seven day cruise. That is limited only to the actual C&A members. You will also receive a coupon book to use onboard.

The only perks that I have read about is a special lounge/lines for suite guests and Platinum Level /ABOVE for C&A member.

Go the RCL website and check out the benefits for C & A members by level. Their website have everything you will.

I think the special areas/lounges during the embark process are only in certain cities as well....

The 2 current members will get discount book in room. There is a Captian's party for you where wine is free for everyone. As for borading if you arrive together just stick with everybody. There is not much difference between new and Gold to begin with.

Go into Royalcaribbean.com then to to the Crown and Anchor area and see what you have. Make sure you and your spouse are registered.

We will be arriving as 2 groups of 4 on FOS on 2/5/12; in each group, only one of us is a C & A member (Gold.)

Then only two out of the eight of you will receive Gold coupon booklets. To go to the C&A party you must show your invitation at the door. Now, I do not necessarily agree with guests being permitted to go to these parties because IMO, perks and benefits are earned, not simply given. The Gold members can decide if they want to go to the party but much of the time, it's not a big deal. None of them I've ever been to were worth it, really. It all seems like a big sales pitch to me. They usually talk about the new itineraries and the next project on the horizon. It's perfectly OK to miss it. :D

Thank you for the quick responses! I didn't really expect much of anything yet, just wanting to make the most of this entire experience as it is the first cruise for my husband and our girls. :) That just gives me more incentive to keep cruising and rack up the points.

Your husband will have the same C&A status as you since you live in the same household...see the Loyalty Ambassador on the ship to sign him up for Crown & Anchor...she should be able to give him a gold coupon book for your sailing as well...

When I went on the Allure in June, we went into the special line for C&A members and found that it took longer. There were far more desks for "normal" people, and there seemed to be more C&A members than "normal" people.

Archived