Tampa????

djandnic

We are leaving out of Tampa in a few weeks, which will be our first time staying or leaving from this city. We are arriving the day before the cruise and staying at the Chase Suite Hotel.

Any feedback you have about this hotel or advice on Tampa would be greatly appreciated. We have gone out of FLL and Mia many times, but this will be our first from Tampa so not sure what to expect.

Thanks for the feedback!

Chase Suites on Rocky Point is a good choice. We usually stay next door at the Holiday Inn. The area is very nice and sits on the Bay. There is a Bahama Breeze Restaurant next to the Chase. This is about the only restaurant within walking distance. We had dinner there and found it to be very good. The outside deck area had a band thay played in the evenings and it was a nice way to spend a pre-cruise night. Here is a copy of their menu if you want to take a peek. http://www.bahamabreeze.com/menus/

** You can call the restaurant from your hotel and have your name added to the wait list. Sometimes on Fri and Sat evenings, there can be a little wait. We did not call ahead so they gave us a little beeper and our table was ready in about 20-25 minutes. Just enough time to enjoy a cocktail.

We stayed at there about 4 years ago and have booked it again for Feb 17 prior to leaving on our cruise. The last time we flew into Tampa and they picked us up at airport and took us to the hotel, this time we are driving in and leaving are car parked their. They have a shuttle and if I remember right they did take you to like wal greens or walmart for quick trip but not sure on that. They have a breakfast for you in the morning and you will schedule the time you want to go to the port. When you get back in and get your luggage you call them and they come get you. IT is very clean and nice they have a pool and hot tub. My husband had me asked if Bahama Breeze was still there for that is another reason we are going back.

We are leaving out of Tampa in a few weeks, which will be our first time staying or leaving from this city. We are arriving the day before the cruise and staying at the Chase Suite Hotel.

Any feedback you have about this hotel or advice on Tampa would be greatly appreciated. We have gone out of FLL and Mia many times, but this will be our first from Tampa so not sure what to expect.

Thanks for the feedback!

I'm looking for any info as well. We usually sail out of MIA or Port Canaveral, but will be on the Jewel out of Tampa in December. Any tips or advice is welcomed, I haven't even been to Tampa in years.

Archived