cane bay beach

cruisergirl1984

I didn't know we can snorkel there! I was there on Dec 29 2011 and don't even know this is a place to snorkel.

FYI, don't expect that much there! If you are looking for white sandy beaches, I think there are better places in St Croix.

• 2 weeks later...

We snorkeled at Cane Bay last year. It has a reputation as one of the better places to snorkel on the island. I found the snorkeling good but not great. I've heard the snorkeling conditions really depend on the weather. When it's windy as it was the day we were there, the visibility isn't quite as good as it can be plus the waves were pretty strong making the entry rather difficult as there are a lot of rocks in the water. The beach itself wasn't anything special. If we return to St Croix, I wouldn't bother going back. I've heard Buck Island is fantastic snorkeling but there is no practical way to get there easily without booking a tour.

• 1 month later...

My sister did the discover scuba and raved about how great it was. Unfortunately by the time my DH and I made it over after our hike to Annaly Bay (sp ?) the water had stirred up the sand and we could not see a thing while snorkeling. I had a great time body surfing though and the food at restaurant was really good. If you go, have a "lime in the coconut" cocktail. Delicious!

Sheal

Archived