Discover Cash Back Awards & Celebrity

RockyTopMom

I haven't seen this mentioned here and I'm looking for some feed-back from anyone who has used it.

According to my Discover Cash Back awards program, I can redeem a set number of points and get up to double that amount toward a future Celebrity Cruise. The restrictions state that I must use the certificate I receive within one year of the date issued, and I must book through a certain San Diego Travel Agency.

Has anyone used their cash back awards for this discount? Is the discount towards the price or is it an onboard credit? Any comments on this particular required agency?

Thanks, in advance, for the assist.

I haven't seen this mentioned here and I'm looking for some feed-back from anyone who has used it.

According to my Discover Cash Back awards program, I can redeem a set number of points and get up to double that amount toward a future Celebrity Cruise. The restrictions state that I must use the certificate I receive within one year of the date issued, and I must book through a certain San Diego Travel Agency.

Has anyone used their cash back awards for this discount? Is the discount towards the price or is it an onboard credit? Any comments on this particular required agency?

Thanks, in advance, for the assist.

Hey Doris,

Sounds like you and double L are now hooked:D Don't know anything about the Discover card but it does sound interesting.

I used the Discover cashback award a few years ago on a Carnival cruise. I wasn't happy about using a travel agency I wasn't familiar with, but everything went fine. At that time, the discount came right off the regular price, which if I recall was very competitive, as I did contact several other agencies just to price the cruise. I don't recall the name of the agency, but they were as helpful as any agency I've used, even monitoring prices. I still use the very decorative and durable luggage tags they sent me! Go for it!

Rob

Thanks for the imput Rob.

I have checked this agency's rates for current cruises and find they are competitive. I'm going to call the agency today and find out as much information as I can before I redeem the points and find it's not what I think it is.

There must be more cruisers who have used these 'awards' out there??

Rockytopmom / Robrph

The Discover cash back rewards program sounds interesting! I am researching prices for a 2005/2006 Celebrity Cruise and this information will definitely help convince my husband that we should try this line. :D Can you email me the name of the cruise agency that you have to use? JessicaLingafelt@carolina.rr.com

Thanks!

MessyJessy: Sure and I'll include the toll free number. I called today and spoke to Emily. It is off the price, in a sense, and I think, better that I suspected.:)

When the 2007 prices are released, I'll be redeeming some of my "award points" for that cruise!

If you haven't cruised Celebrity before, you're in for a treat! Get prepared to be spoiled rotten!:D

Archived