"Balmoral" return flights form Rio

Parsman

Hi Parsman

Still waiting on outbound flight to Rio on 9th March. Have phoned TA, FO and sent an e-mail to FO but they cannot or won't give any information . I don't understand the reason as all other cruise operators seem to be able to give at least which airport information several months in advance. As soon as I have any info, I will post.

Hi Parsman

Still waiting on outbound flight to Rio on 9th March. Have phoned TA, FO and sent an e-mail to FO but they cannot or won't give any information . I don't understand the reason as all other cruise operators seem to be able to give at least which airport information several months in advance. As soon as I have any info, I will post.

I may be wrong but i get the impression that they are still looking for a charter aircraft. I will look out for you post and will do likewise should I hear anything.

Have received e-mail from a Michael Delacamp, Senior Admin. Assistant at FO. I quote "liaising with the necessary authorities to get the slot times confirmed". " I am unable to offer a confirmed time of when this will be" unquote. In other words - we have no idea where you will be flying from, when or what time. I suspect you are right but why did they tell another traveller to Rio that he would be flying from Heathrow with BA?

I am flying out from Gatwick to Montego Bay on a Pullmantur charter as are those joining the ship at Valparaiso. I had assumed that the same company would service the round trip to Rio but who knows? We must watch and wait but I hope nor too long. i want to arrange collection arrangements.

Hi All

After reading Akrdeb's post regarding the flight back from Rio, I have yet again phoned FO and been told that there is still no information regarding this flight. As it is a charter flight they are waiting confirmation times and unable to say when this will be available.

Surely there must be dozens of other passengers 'in the same boat' as us who need to arrange transport to/from Gatwick. Don't they read Cruise Critic?

Hi Parsman

We have just booked the cruise from Rio on the 9th March and have confirmation from the travel agent that we fly BA from Heathrow at 12 noon. We did not give it a second thought until we saw all these messages from people who did not know where they were flying from. Having not cruised with FO before we did not realise that the flight details would not be straight forward. We have always received flight details at the time of booking with other cruise lines, as we live in the North East it always involves a long journey which needs to be pre booked, so flight details are important.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have been given the following flight details from Fred Olsen :-

Pullmantur Air

Depart Gatwick South Terminal at 21:00 hrs on Thursday 8th March 2012*

Arrive Rio de Janeiro Airport at 05:50 hrs on Friday 9th March 2012

* Note flight is now a day earlier (in line with my first invoice!)

The operator was unable to give details of the flight number, or what will happen to us between arriving in Rio and joining the ship (City tour or similar?).

HOWEVER, I would urge you all to check with Fred Olsen yourselves, to make sure that these details apply to you!

Cheers, Geoff :):):)

Archived