Share the Wealth Coupons - for new to Princess cruisers only?

2escape

We are trying to use a "share the wealth" coupon for the first time. We are travelling with friends who have cruised Princess before but do not have a future cruise booking. We are using a future cruise booking, and we thought this would be the circumstance to use a "share the wealth" coupon. But, their TA has been informed by Princess that these coupons can only be used by people new to Princess.

I have done a search on the Princess board on this, but can't find the answer. Can any of you help?

Thanks alot, this board is such a great resource.

Hello Parrot Heads,

Share the Wealth coupons are given to people who book on-board, so that when they get home, they can have a friend take the same cruise and get the same perks as if the friend had actually booked on board. The perks are a reduced deposit of $100 per person and also on-board credit, that varies starts at $50 and goes up!), depending on the cabin type (inside/outside) and length of the cruise.

However, Princess DOES have a referral program for new cruisers. Past passengers can refer 'newbies' to Princess. The newbie (and partner/spouse/companion) gets $25 off the price of their cruise and so does the referrer. So for two of you, you'd get $50 off your cruise price. It's a great deal and I would be happy to refer you. Please send me a quick email < click here for my email address > and I'll sign you up. BUT, you need to be referred before you make your deposit. So, if you're making your deposit tomorrow then we need to do this asap. Then, when you call to make your deposit (either Princess direct or your favorite Travel Agent) you just give them the 'special' Future Cruise Credit code that you'll receive when you're referred.

I hope this make sense. Send me an email if you have any more questions.

Todd.

Back to my original question:D! I did call 1-800 Princess and got the same interpretation as I had and as LARGIN confirmed - the share the wealth coupons can be used by former Princess cruisers. We have passed the info back to our friends, and hopefully their TA will push back (or just get a different person on the phone, who will give the 'right' answer!).

Back to my original question:D! I did call 1-800 Princess and got the same interpretation as I had and as LARGIN confirmed - the share the wealth coupons can be used by former Princess cruisers. We have passed the info back to our friends, and hopefully their TA will push back (or just get a different person on the phone, who will give the 'right' answer!).

Here's the info on the Share the Wealth program from the Princess website:

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/contactUs.page

Question: What is the “Share the Wealth” program?

Answer: Many of our past passenger offers allow our Members to offer their rate to friends who would like to travel with them. We reserve the right to limit the number of traveling companions to 2 cabins. Please note that the promotional fare must be available at the time of booking.

Question: What is the maximum number of cabins I can book with the “Share the Wealth” program?

Answer: Two cabins in addition to your cabin.

Hi:

I received two of these when I made a future booking on the Star. The trick to these coupons is that you must travel on the same cruise as your friend. They expire two years from the booking date as opposed to four years for the original booking.

Anyway, I am using one of the coupons for my parents on the 4/9/06 Star sailing. That means I have an extra!

If you are going on the 4/9/06 sailing of the Star OR the 12/17/05 sailing of the Caribbean Princess and want a reduced deposit and cabin credit, leave a note here or send a message to iflyifr4fun@yahoo.com. Note that you can get this cabin credit in addition to any cabin credit your travel agent offers. I am not sure, but I think they can also be applied to a booking already made (the coupon requires BOTH booking numbers, mine and yours).

By the way, there is nothing in this for me. It's not the same as the referral credit.

Regards:D

Hello Parrot Heads,

Share the Wealth coupons are given to people who book on-board, so that when they get home, they can have a friend take the same cruise and get the same perks as if the friend had actually booked on board. The perks are a reduced deposit of $100 per person and also on-board credit, that varies starts at $50 and goes up!), depending on the cabin type (inside/outside) and length of the cruise.

However, Princess DOES have a referral program for new cruisers. Past passengers can refer 'newbies' to Princess. The newbie (and partner/spouse/companion) gets $25 off the price of their cruise and so does the referrer. So for two of you, you'd get $50 off your cruise price. It's a great deal and I would be happy to refer you. Please send me a quick email < click here for my email address > and I'll sign you up. BUT, you need to be referred before you make your deposit. So, if you're making your deposit tomorrow then we need to do this asap. Then, when you call to make your deposit (either Princess direct or your favorite Travel Agent) you just give them the 'special' Future Cruise Credit code that you'll receive when you're referred.

I hope this make sense. Send me an email if you have any more questions.

Todd.

I really appreciate the offer. I didn't check back in time and our courtesy hold on our cabin was already overdue. Honestly, thank you, and I will be sure to extend the offer to anyone else in the future as well.

Archived