Help!!! Carnival Ecstasy- Porthole room? Interior? What deck? Forward? Midship? Ahh!

tonijmccann

I've always booked through a travel agent or had someone else book for me... but now I'm ready to book on my own and I'm clueless. We're looking to go on the Carnival Ecstasy in May, it will just be my husband and myself. Do I want a porthole or interior room? Forward or midship? What deck is the best? Do I want to be on the bottom one, second, or third? I'm lost!

I've always booked through a travel agent or had someone else book for me... but now I'm ready to book on my own and I'm clueless. We're looking to go on the Carnival Ecstasy in May, it will just be my husband and myself. Do I want a porthole or interior room? Forward or midship? What deck is the best? Do I want to be on the bottom one, second, or third? I'm lost!

You kind of get what you pay for.

If you are talking porthole you will be lower on the ship. Higher decks are balconies.

If inside, I would look to a high deck versus low, as pool and most ship activities in the daytime will be top deck. Stairs could be convenient.

Forward you will feel more motion than midship.

'Best' is different for everyone. Best for us is aft. What are you looking for?

The lower and more midship you are the more stable the ride.

What's around the cabin? Check deckplans. Under the galley can be noisy, under Guest Services is usually quiet.

We have friends who love cabin R19 on the Paradise. They got it once as a guarantee and have booked it again this year on the Inspiration. It's an oddball cabin. Runs north-south (if the bow was north) instead of the typical east-west. Seems to have more room than a typical IS because of it's layout. No hallway formed by the closet and bathroom though it does have a support pole in the middle of the cabin.

Paradise and Inspiration are sisterships to the Ecstacy.

You can either book a certain cabin or a guarantee where the ship will decide which cabin you get.

Were you on a cruise before? Forward or midship? Which deck(s)? Were you happy with location?

Did you have a window before? A balcony? Would you like to have them?

Just compare with what you had before and how you liked it. I advise agains the very first level at the bottom as sometimes people say, they can feel vibration or hear the anchor.

When you decide where you would like to be, check the deck plans - what is above you? Any noise expected?

Archived