Help choosing Rc again or NCL or Celebrity

Honeychild1006

Hi there

My husband and I celebrated our honeymoon on AOS LOVED it and my second cruise was an RCCL boat too

We are now looking at western Carribean for March. I will be 5 months pregnant so the ship amenities trump the ports in terms of activities.

Need advice on clear differences in Norweigan (Pearl or Sun) and Celebrity (solstice) compared to the RCCL ships

Also, There is a nice itinerary on the oasis but im afraid it will be too big to walk around and also the Voyager but looks like an old ship so we are not sure

What was your experience? Favorite? :)

Lastly, any insight on western ports would be great.

Take a closer look at the Oasis. Based on what you said you liked and what you are wanting, the Oasis is probably perfect for you. Don't let the size fool you. It's really not much more walking than Adventure. Most of the size difference is due to extra decks and the ship being much wider. To date, Oasis and Allure are, by far, my favorite ships.

The Solstice is a beautiful ship and excellent for couples. The Solarium and Lawn Club are great for relaxing. But activities are far less.

I haven't been on Pearl, but I've been on Sun's sister, the Sky. There will be plenty of upbeat activities and deck parties, but ship amenities are a minimum. It's an older ship.

Celebrity ships are way different than NCL ships. NCL has basically no dress code while Celebrity has formal nights where the passengers DO follow the dress code. The food and service is known to be much better on Celebrity, while the evening entertainment is better on NCL.

Make sure you bring a letter from your doctor concerning your pregnancy and that you'll not reach 24 weeks at any time during your cruise. If they ask or it, and you don't have it, they can deny you boarding.

NCL Pearl is much nicer than NCL Sun and has more things to do. However, one thing about NCL, they do not have enough pools if you like the pool area. I have not been on Celebrity Solstice-but I have been told that is a beautiful ship by fellow cruisers. It also has an adult only solarium pool area. If it was me, I would go with the Solstice.

Hi there

My husband and I celebrated our honeymoon on AOS LOVED it and my second cruise was an RCCL boat too

We are now looking at western Carribean for March. I will be 5 months pregnant so the ship amenities trump the ports in terms of activities.

Need advice on clear differences in Norweigan (Pearl or Sun) and Celebrity (solstice) compared to the RCCL ships

Also, There is a nice itinerary on the oasis but im afraid it will be too big to walk around and also the Voyager but looks like an old ship so we are not sure

What was your experience? Favorite? :)

Lastly, any insight on western ports would be great.

Keep something in mind when reading responses on a thread like this. People will tend to suggest the ships they like, opposed to suggesting what is best for you - according to your self-description of your preferences.

I LOVE the Celebrity Solstice. It is a gorgeous ship that combines a touch of class with an enjoyable cruise.

However, you are coming off the AOS and another RCI ship. From what you said you enjoyed about these ships, I really think you will be disappointed in the Solstice and the NCL ships you listed. The Pearl and Sun do not have all the bells and whistles many RCI ships have. On Solstice, you will be trading some fun for enrichment seminars.

I whole heartedly agree with the Oasis recommendation, followed by the Freedom recommendation. Plus, you have Crown and Anchor status and will receive some discounts on board.

You guys are awesome. I appreciate that you were all thinking of my situation when answering.

Paul - duly noted re size of Oasis. Our only hesitation now are the ports

Darcy - tx for the tip re dr's note didn't know that.

Although im sure there is more to do, If I had to sit and listen to enrichment seminars all week I would shoot myself :) I like the action on RCCL

It would also be nice to hit gold status

Keep the opinions coming

Thanks again

Archived