Tell me about FLL...

MamaParrotHead

Flying in the day before, arriving before noon with the whole fam (DH and I in our 30's, kids will be 9 and 12). Curious as to what there's to do, see, shop, eat and drink. :D Planning on staying at the Renassiance or in that general area. Nothing real swanky or pricey, preferrably.

Thanks!

Rumour is there's a beach around there LOL.

What do you like to do? If you stay at the Ren, there are lots of restaurants right along that stretch. I'm not so sure the shopping along there is the kind that tourists would kill time in, although a quarter mile or so to the west and across the road is a grocery store and wine store you might be interested in, as well as numerous restuarants. The Embassy Suites is right beside this plaza, and is another very popular pre-cruise hotel.

Thanks guys. I just wondered if they had any boardwalk type areas with tshirt shops, like Bayside or South Beach in Miami.

If you don't mind being a couple of more minutes from the cruise port there are some hotels along the Ft. Lauderdale Beach area. The beach is across the street, there are multiple restaurants within walking distance, there are quite a few t-shirt/souvenir type stores along this area. It's technically not a boardwalk as there is a road between the beach and the stores/restaurants. I stayed at the Marriott Courtyard which faces the beach. Very nice hotel, there is a Bubba Gumps Restaurant right in front of the hotel below the pool deck. There are other choices from the swanky Ritz-Carlton to a Days Inn property along this stretch of the beach area.

The Days Inn is gross...anywhere but there.

Aren't most? LOL. My work had our kids Christmas party at a Days Inn and I swear I got all nostalgic for the 70's when we walked in there LOL

Archived