Suite to suite upgrades?

Im staying in a OS. I am sailing on the Allure in early May. Only a few more months to the cruise and 15 crown loft suites, 5 Aqua theater suites, and 1 sky loft suite is open. If they don't fill these rooms, will they contact us to see if we would like to upgrade or upsell? Or do we have to contact them and ask like a week before our cruise?

Or will they bypass anybody that booked a suite all together and just start offering the upgrade to balcony staterooms?

Like previous poster stated there is no confirmation on how upgrades are chosen. On our Nov 2011 sailing on the Oasis the CL's were not selling. The Monday before the cruise we were upgraded from a JS to a CL(no phone call or email) and another person from our Roll Call was offered and upgrade from a CL to an Aqua Theater Suite, but was unable to accept as they needed an accessible room.

I would think that from a revenue point of view, they would upgrade the ones that paid for a suite first. They'd be out less money that way. Or, I hope so. I am in a GS for my upcoming Allure cruise and there are loft suites available for it too.

Archived