How early can you check your bags? (NYC Port)

libertyschool

Hi! Sailing out of NYC in May aboard NCL Gem. I'm coming from eastern Ontario and my original plan was to drive to Poughkeepsie and take the Metro North train into NYC the day prior to departure. I am now toying with the idea of taking an overnight Greyhound bus out of Montreal which would arrive at the Port Authority Bus Terminal at 7:15 am the day of the cruise. If I decide to do this I would like to be able to check my bags at the pier as soon as possible after my arrival and head to the Central Park area for the morning before boarding. Does anyone know how early the porters start accepting baggage? Or, is there baggage storage available at the Bus Terminal? Your opinions and ideas are greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

IMO, that's a bit early. The ships usually arrive between 7 and 8 and the porters are busy with disembarking passengers early in the morning.

There is no baggage storage facility in the Port Authority Bus Terminal.

Schwartz Travel is a well-regarded luggage storage facility in Manhattan. Their location on West 36th St. opens at 8am and is a few blocks south of the bus terminal. http://www.schwartztravel.com/

Archived