US Direct Program

Hi All, I can't seem to find any recent info on the US Direct Program. Does anyone know if it's still available? Arriving in Vancouver after an Alaskan cruise and heading straight back to Denver same day. Would love to bypass long customs and immigration lines. Googled it and only finding old information on the program which makes me think that it has been discontinued. Anyone know about it? Thank you.

Hi All, I can't seem to find any recent info on the US Direct Program. Does anyone know if it's still available? Arriving in Vancouver after an Alaskan cruise and heading straight back to Denver same day. Would love to bypass long customs and immigration lines. Googled it and only finding old information on the program which makes me think that it has been discontinued. Anyone know about it? Thank you.

I believe it no longer exists.

If you want to avoid long lines, there's the Nexus program which involves a very invasive questionnaire followed by interviews with both governments, fingerprinting and retina scanning; oh and an application fee (which isn't refunded if they turn you down).

I'm so glad our governments are working together for us.

• 3 weeks later...

The US Direct program was unfortunately closed down....at least for last year. YVR had wanted a fee which neither the port or the cruise lines were willing to pay....probably a bit short sighted on everyones part....let's hope that saner minds prevail for this season...OK that is a little hard to expect.;)

Having been a long time patron of PACE and now NEXUS it in my mind is extremely short sighted for anyone who crosses the border more than a couple of time a year not to pay the $50 and put up with the invasive questioning, scans and interviews....unless one has something they hope to hide.

Archived